- AutoMapper 3.0 released - Jimmy Bogard announces the release of AutoMapper 3.0. The significant feature of this release is that it is now a Portable Class Library with support for .NET 4+, Silverlight4+, Windows Phone 7.5+ , WinRT and other Portable Class Libraries. There are also some new features for LINQ based projection, and also the addition of comments to the source.
- WCF Data Services 5.6.0 Release - The WCF Data Services Team announce the release of WCF Data Services 5.6.0, which includes Visual Studio 2013 support, portable library support for the client side components, integration of the URI Parser and much more.
- Humanizer V0.5 - Mehdi Khalili announces an update to his Humanizer library which makes values more human friendly, both in code and in application output. This release introduces a fluent interface for working with times and dates
- Am I really a developer or just a good googler? - Scott Hanselman kicks off a discussion about being a good developer following up from a reader question, highlighting some of the things you can do to be better. Follow ups ensured:
- Attribute Routing in Web API v2 - Dino Esposito takes a looko at the new routing feature in ASP.NET Web API 2 which allows routing information to be provided on attributes on an action
- A Cloud and Azure Glossary for the Confused - Another useful post from Scott Hanselman, here Scott shares a dictionary of terms relating to cloud computing, including both general cloud terms and some of the more Azure specific bits.
- Obscure WinDbg Commands, Part 4 - Sasha Goldshtein continues his series looking at some of the less well known WinDbg commands. In this final post of the series Sasha takes a look at command discovery and window titling.
- Hadoop for .NET Developers: Understanding HDFS, Manually Loading Data to Hadoop & Programmatically Loading Data to HDFS - Bryan C Smith continues his exploration series looking into the use of Hadoop on the Windows Platform using .NET, exploring the file system used by Hadoop, and looking at loading data into a cluster