- Caliburn.Micro v1.4.1 Released - Rob Eisenberg announces the release of Caliburn Micro 1.4.1, a release mostly due to the work of Thomas Ibel & Nigel Sampson. The release is available via NuGet and now includes support for WCF 4.5, the latest WUI Library and addresses almost every reported issue from previous versions.
- Proposed StructureMap 2.7 Release - Jeremy D Miller requests community comments on plans for a 2.7 release of Structure Map, including a number os significant changes outlined in the post
- ASP.Net Web Config Transform Console Utility released on nuget - Eric Hexter announces the release of a simple utility which wraps the recently released Web Config Transformation library from the ASP.NET team, allowing its use directly from the command line, very useful in deployment scripts and the like.
- Introducing SvcPerf - An End-to-End trace Analysis tool for WCF - Sajay Antony introduces SvcPerf, a tool which builds on the decision to use Event Tracing for Windows for diagnostics output in WCF, discussing the pro and cons of ETW, and highlighting the capabilities of this new tooling.
- Design-time generation of help page (or client) for ASP.NET Web API - Yao continues discussion of the ASP.NET WebAPI Help Page generation with a look at adding design time generation of the help content without spinning the application up.
- Client-Side MVC Roundup - Paul Hammant shares analysis of the same reference todo list application when implemented in the numerous Client Side MVC frameworks, looking at classifying the frameworks and sharing some analysis of the findings.
- Using Razor engine together with Asp.Net Web API to create a Hypermedia API - Fredrik NormÃ©n - Fredrik Normén discusses the design and build of a maze game implemented as a Hypermedia API using ASP.NET Web API, and the WebAPI Contrib library’s Formatting.RazorViewEngine.
- Precompiling Razor views in ASP.NET MVC 3 - manojlds discusses the benefits of pre-compiling Razor Views in your ASP.NET MVC applications, along with looking at the use of the RazorGenerator NuGet package to pre-compile your views on build.
- Getting Too Cute with C# Yield Return - Erik Dietrich discusses the peculiarities of the yield keyword in C#, discussing an example which illustrates common misunderstanding about how yield actually works.
- On Testing: Why write tests? - Krzysztof Kozmic follows on from his previous post on testing with a discussion of why we should test, and particularly why we should automate tests
- Tests and Builds are Made to be Broken - Roy Osherove discusses his feelings on ‘breaking the build’, and how he has grown to feel that the build is there to be broken, sharing his thoughts in this post.
- Build Pattern: Gated Commit, Build Pattern: Extract Script, Build Pattern: Fill In the Blanks & Build Pattern: Location Agnostic Script - Roy Osherove also shares a further 4 posts in his Build Patterns series putting some names to 4 more of the key concepts of automated builds