- F5 – Developing in Docker Containers – version 0.10 of Docker Tools for Visual Studio – Steve Lasker highlights the latest update to the Docker Tools for Visual Studio, which now enable a number of scenarios for use with minimal change to development workflow, yet still have a number of known issues, also outlined in this post.
- Introducing: Elasticsearch with Azure File storage – Hans Krijger highlights some updates to the ElasticSearch Azure Quickstart templates which introduce capabilities for storing data in Azure File storage
- Service discovery – part 2 – Gabriel Schenker continues from hist previous post on Service Discovery as a part of his Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery series, in this part looking at the use of Consul for providing service discovery capabilities
- Avoiding the Service Locator Pattern in ASP.NET Core – K.Scott Allen discusses the Service Locator pattern (or anti-pattern in the context of this article), looking at how the ASP.NET MVC framework makes it a little too easy to start using Service Locator rather than embracing Dependency Injection and Inversion of Control.
- Managing SQL Server Express LocalDB Instances Through SqlLocalDB.exe Utility Tool – Tugberk Ugurlu shares a look at one of the less well known utility tools which enables management of LocalDB database instances on your machine
- Building Efficient UI with React and Redux – Ivan Rogic takes a look at using the React library with the Redux implementation of the Flux Architecture and Immutable.js, giving a good taste of the use of this stack for front end development
- Go, maps and randomization – Cellfish discusses dictionaries, their implementation in .NET and Go, and how they manage the hashing of the keys, and potential for collisions
- Trie based routing – Ayende continues discussion of routing, continuing looking at the performance characteristics of MVC routing, and how for RavenDB they optimised, and how for Kestrel they implemented a better system.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #2035