- JustMock Lite – Free and open source too… – Greg Duncan highlights the free and open-source edition of JustMock, called JustMock Lite, from the folks at Telerik.
- Open-Sourcing ThoughtWorks Go – Martin Fowler announces the release of ThoughtWorks Go as open source software under a BSD license
- Word For Windows 1.1a and Early MS-DOS Source Available (Really) – Greg Duncan also highlights the availability of early versions of MS-DOS and Word For Windows now available as part of an initiative with the Computer History Museum
- Troy Hunt: The prophesied Windows XP and IE 8 crisis is nigh! (unless you’re in China) – Troy Hunt discusses the impending death of Internet Explorer 8 as supported software with the Windows XP end of Support, and discusses how websites support for IE8 is rapidly drying up as a result.
- Browser Compatibility Testing with Modern.IE Tools – Rachel Appel highlights the Modern.IE toolset which provides a great way to test web pages for compatibility with a range of browsers both desktop and mobile.
- async/await does not â€œrelease the thread – ‘BenWilli’ discusses the way in which async/await actually works, and how its use of threads is actually handled.
- Microservices – Martin Fowler and James Lewis share the final part of their article on Microservices for Software Architecture, looking at if this way of working represents the future of our craft.
- Services, Microservices, Nanoservices – oh my! – Arnon Rotem-Gal-Oz shares some thoughts on the Micro Services article, and the architectural concepts it envelopes.
- Setting up a complete Node development environment. From scratch. For free – Marcus Hammarberg sets about building a fit for purpose Node.js Development Environment using, using Virtualisation to install a free operating system for development, and the required tooling.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1576