- Glimpse 1.7.0 released – First class WebForms support & MVC5 – Anthony van der Hoorn announces the release of Glimpse 1.7.0, along with the release of much anticipated support for working with ASP.NET MVC 5 and WebForms. The Webforms integration provides new functionality to inspect control tree, page lifecycle events, visualise View State.
- TypeScript Support in ReSharper 8.1 – Dmitri Nesteruk discusses the support for TypeScript now included in ReSharper 8.1’s EAP release, providing many of the standard ReSharper features in the TypeScript language
- Announcing Windows Azure HDInsight: Where big data meets the cloud – Quentin Clark announces the general availability release of Windows Azure HDInsight, the Azure platform’s cloud based Hadoop implementation.
- Math from scratch, part ten: integer comparisons – Eric Lippert continues his Math From Scratch series looking at implementing basic mathematics support in C# using only the most basic of types continuing with his exploration of Integer mathematics with a look at comparisons between integers
- Code Review Like You Mean It – Phil Haack discusses the use of GitHub Pull Requests for Code Reviewing, sharing some best practices for code reviewing and looking at the process in GitHub.
- Knockout.js 3.0 Highlights – Ryan Niemeyer highlights the release of Knockout 3.0 last week, and shares a 20 minute video session walking through the major changes and new features.
- Hands On Lab: Building a Multiple View Single Page Application (SPA) – Jason Haley continues adding to his Single Page Application resources section with a great step by step labs exercise to build a Single Page Web Application using jQuery, RequireJS, Durandal and Knockout.
- Choosing the right cross-platform mobile framework – Lee Stott takes a brief look at the wide range of frameworks available for building cross platform mobile applications – a useful resource if you are looking to start a project in this area and are unsure of your technology choice.
- LIDNUG Presents: Scott Guthrie Open Q&A #17 – LIDNUG welcome Scott Guthrie for the 17th(!) edition of his Question and Answer session via live webcast on the evening of Thursday 7th November 18:00 GMT. These sessions are always a great opportunity to learn more about the products that Scott works on, and to get answers to your questions.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1473