- Announcing the EventSource NuGet Package - Write to the Windows Event Log - Cosmin Radu announces the release of a new NuGet package from the .NET Framework Team which provides easy event tracing to the Windows Event Logs using strongly typed event classes.
- Why does the CLR report a NullReferenceException even if the referenced access is not exactly the null pointer? - Raymond Chen continues with his series of .NET related posts with a look at some interesting behaviour involving null references and exceptions
- LINQ Style Append and Prepend Operators - Richard Carr takes a look at how adding simple Prepend and Append LINQ extension methods can really help improve the readaility of your code
- Message handlers scoped per route in ASP.NET Web API - Filip W takes a look at implementing message handlers in ASP.NET Web API which respond to specific routes to take their action allowing, for example, you to log calls to specific routes.
- Saving and Retrieving Browser (and other) Passwords - Scott Hanselman discusses the balance between security and convenience and highlight how easily saved passwords in many applications can be accessed
- Open Source Project Advice - Jim Cowart response to a call for help tweet with his thoughts and advice for Open Source Project owners
- Aortic update - Rockford Lhotka shares news of his recent illness and a reminder that our health is very important - I like to take this opportunity to wish Rocky a speedy recovery