Another day, another traffic jam, and sadly another short edition today
- SharpDevelop 5 C# Tech Preview - Christoph Wille announces the availability of a C# only Tech Preview of SharpDevelop 5. This is an early preview release giving a taste of what is coming, with lots of partially implemented features with restricted functionality
- MVVM Light V184.108.40.206 in Nuget - Laurent Bugnion announces a new release of MVVM Light which improves cross platform standardisation by removing the dependency on the CommonServiceLocator.
- Static constructors, part three - Eric Lippert continues his series looking at how the static constructor works in C#, looking at how the static constructors get run by the CLR framwork.
- Fun with Object and Collection Initializers - Jon Skeet discusses the behaviour of Object and Collection Initializers, exploring two slightly strange bits of behaviour.
- Getting a MIME type from a file extension in ASP.NET 4.5 - .NET Web Development and Tools Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs - Jim Wang highlights a useful bit of .NET Framework functionality which will give you mime type information from the file extension of a file - saving all those conversion tables you often see in code which needs this behaviour when manuallt created.
- Synchronization, Thread Safety, and Performance & Synchronizing ConcurrentDictionary - ‘essence’ takes a look at the journey from non-thread safe through to a thread safe solution, sharing some useful tips and code-smells regarding thread safety. The second post, explores interesting behaviour of the concurrent dictionary.
- NxtGenUG - Event: Delving into Windows Phone 8 - Matt Lacey joins the Southampton NxtGenUG for a session on Windows 8 Phone Development on Thursday 21st February
- Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start with Jon Galloway and Scott Hanselman - Full Day Live (and recorded) Event on Feb 19 - Jon Galloway shares more details of the full day virtual event that he is running with Scott Hanselman looking at the entire ASP.NET Stack - registration is required for this virual event which looks to be a great introduction to all the new bits from two great presenters.