- jQuery 1.9 Beta 1 Released – As an early Christmas present the jQuery Team announce the release of jQuery 1.9 beta 1. This release is in part a clean up release removing depreciated functionality, but all is not lost, the jQuery Migrate plugin will bring back many of them to allow you to begin transitioning.
- ‘Paste JSON As Classes’ in ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2 RC – Anand Paranjape discusses a neat feature added in the Web Tools 2012.2 Release Candidate Update which brings the ability to paste a JSON object into your web project and have it converted to a ,NET class – no more manual creation of classes for deserialisation purposes
- Elevation of Privilege: Drawing Developers into Threat Modeling – Adam Shostack shares a whitepaper discussing the principles and motivation for the creation of the Elevation of Privilege card game from the Microsoft SDL Team linked to a few issues back
- Understanding the Decorator Pattern – Abul Kayes shares a good writeup of the purpose and use of the Decorator design pattern in this CodeProject article
- Key qualities of a good unit test – Kenneth Truyers has a short series on effective unit testing – this is part two which looks at the key properties of a good unit test, something which is always worth reminding ourselves. Be sure to check out parts 1 and 3 as welll which look at writing effective tests, and testing and refactoring legacy code.
- A sample real-time web application using Ember.js, REST API, and SignalR – ‘quiit’ shares an article on The CodeProject walking through the creation of a web application using Ember.js with a REST like API and using SignalR persistent connection for realtime updating.
- Conditional loading of resources with mediaqueries – Christian Heilmann discusses some techniques for ensuring that only the CSS files needed for the particular resolution of your site are loaded when working with Responsive Web Design practices.
- CraftyCoders – CraftyCoders is a new principles focused usergroup running out of the West Midlands here in the UK. Their first meeting will be a session on Taming your Dependencies with Ian Russell looking at the practices surrounding Dependency Injection, taking place on Thursday 17 January in Bromsgrove. Signup on the Eventbrite page
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1257