- EF6 Alpha 2 Available on NuGet - Rowan Miller announces the availability of Entity Framework 6 Alpha 2, outlining the changes since the Alpha 1 release, looking at the general new bits in EF6 and discussing what the teams next steps are.
- Entity Framework 6: Alpha2 Now Available - Scott Guthrie also highlights the release of the Second Alpha of Entity Framework 6, and give a peek at some of the new features, sharing short discussions of async support, custom conventions, and the community involvement in this project.
- Comparing two techniques in .NET Asynchronous Coordination Primitives - Scott Hanselman discusses the benefits of getting code reviewed, and discusses some lessons learned about coordinating access to critical sections of code.
- Taking responsibility - Eric Lippert discusses the use of the fixed keyword to inform the garbage collector that it is not allowed to move a certain block of memory around, discussing its role in working with unmanaged code, and some of the considerations in its use
- Hello world, with Knockout JS and ASP.NET MVC 4! - Amar Nityananda takes us on a step by step worked example looking at the use of ASP.NET MVC4 with Knockout.JS and Entity Framework to create a sample application demonstrating some of the capabilities of Knockout.
- Running SignalR on Mono - Filip Ekberg works through the process of getting up and running with SignalR on the Mono Platform with Apache
- Nancy and VB.Net &Nancy and VB.Net: getting data in your page - Christiaan Baes follows on from previous explorations of other Web Platforms taking a look at NancyFX for building web applications using VB.NET, getting up and running with a hello world example before moving on to look at retrieving data into the page.
- Complete Guide to Windows Phone StringFormat Binding - Matthias Shapiro shares a post looking at the use of StringFormat expressions in your data binding on the Windows Phone platform, showing a number of common use cases which demonstrate its usefulness in both the creation and formatting of output.
- F# Londoners Meetup Tomorrow - Don Syme does Informal Deep Dive into the Freebase Type Provider - Don Syme highlights an event tonight (Wednesday 12th Decemeber) at Skills Matter where he will be giving an informal session on the Freebase Type Provider, looking at its features, looking at the implementation, and showing it used in Try F#, Mono, and as part of a data layer in Web and Windows 8 applications.
- NxtGenUG - Event: The return of the Gadgeteer - The Southampton NxtGenUG welcome one of their own (Steven Johnston) for a session looking at the .NET Gadgeteer, and some festive cheer this Thursday (13th December)