- NETMF 4.3 Released – .NET Micro Framework – Colin Miller highlights the RTM release of version 4.3 of the .NET Micro Framework, which includes support for Visual Studio 2012 including the Express Desktop Edition, improved deployment diagnostics, and a whole host of bugfixes and some performance improvements.
- iOS Support with Windows Azure Mobile Services – now with Push Notifications – Scott Guthrie announces an improved version of the Windows Azure Mobile Services SDK for iOS, which now includes support for push notification via Apple Push Notification Services, sharing a walk through of the use of this new feature, along with a channel9 video.
- Why are braces required in try-catch-finally? – Eric Lippert picks up on his new blog where he left off on his Microsoft one, with a look at the requirements for braces in try catch finally, discussing how the finally part is actually implemented behind the scenes.
- Web API alternative – self hosting HTTP services in native C++ code – Filip W abandons the safe world of ASP.NET Web API and C# and takes us on a journey in C++ exploring how you can host HTTP based services in your own process, looking at the use of the Casablanca library
- Designing a simple and secure app package – APPX – Jack Davis discusses the creation of the APPX package format used for packaging up Windows Store applications, discussing the motivation to create the format, the aims of this type of package, and a look at the implementation.
- Entity Framework 5 Code First: Enabling Migrations in a Real Project – Matteo Tontini takes a look at working with Entity Framework Code First Migrations in real world projects, walking through the setup of the project and discussing the various helper commands in the package manager console introduced by the Entity Framework Code First package
- "Testing for Continuous Delivery with Visual Studio 2012" eBook (Think Story based approach to presenting "Testing for Continuous Delivery") – Greg Duncan highlights the publication of a Patterns and Practices eBook, available to download which takes a look at the changing world of testing and the impact that continuous deliver practices have made to testing.
- Porting iOS apps to Windows 8 – Online Session Sat 8th Dec – Lee Stott highlights a completely free online workshop event taking place between 10am-12pm on Saturday 8th Dec which covers the common areas of concern for developer looking to migrate iOS based applications to Windows 8