- Framework for .Net Hadoop MapReduce Job Submission V1.0 Release - Carl Nolan announces the 1.0 release of his Framework for .NET Hadoop Map Reduce Job Submission. This release includes support for custom partitioners and comparators in the .net based jobs that this framework adds support for
- Does Not Compute - Eric Lippert shares some deep and complex thoughts on the basis of a computer program which takes input numbers and creates output numbers, considering the case of a function which cannot be calculated even with an arbitrary amount of storage - this one is certainly a post to read more than once, fascinating stuff.
- Windows 8 Special Edition of MSDN Magazine - Michael Desmond highlights a special edition of MSDN Magazine focused on the release of Windows 8, and looking at all the developer aspects of this new OS release
- Quick Tips for Browser Dev Tools - The Console - Carl Bergenhem takes a look at the power and features of the various browser implementations of the Console Window, looking at how you can use it to debug and try out your code directly in the browser
- The Architect’s Guide to Choosing Between HTML5 or Native Mobile Apps - Jason Roberts takes a very graphical look at the factors to consider when choosing between creating mobile applications using HTML5 or going native and writing directly against the specific mobile platform
- Zombie Explorer : A N-Tier application front top to bottom - Sacha Barber discusses the creation of a real world CRUD application using WPF with Prism and the MVVM pattern, which works against a hosted WCF service, throwing in some Reactive Extensions, custom service proxies, NHibernate and IOC for good measure
- Geekswithblogs.net is Nine Years Old! - Jeff Julian highlights the 9th birthday of the .NET blogging site GeeksWithBlogs.NET - a site that is the home to many excellent bloggers, and one that continues to be a good resource for the community - congratualtions to all involved.