- It’s a sweet suite! Windows Sysinternals Suite gets a summer refresh [August 3, 2012] - Greg Duncan highlights a recent update to the SysInternals Suite of diagnostic and utility tools, with an update to the Whois and AccessChk tools.
- Configuration Tips For ASP.NET MVC 4 on a Windows Azure Website - K. Scott Allen shares some tips for getting ASP.NET MVC 4 applications up and running on the Windows Azure Websites , taking a look at some of the configuration you have to tweak to get things going.
- An Async Primer - Bill Wagner gives an introduction to the new world of Async / Await in C#5, exploring the basics of its use, and looking at handling of exceptions
- Deploying .NET Application To Appharbor Using Git - Prashant Khandelwal discusses the deployment of web applications to AppHarbor using Git, walking through the process of creating your Git Repository and pushing your application up to the server.
- Simple.Web and Nancy - Mark Rendle discusses why he chose to create Simple.Web, and takes a look at that both of these frameworks are and explores the differences between them both.
- PRG Pattern - Post Redirect Get - Pankaj Nikam discusses the Post Redirect Get Pattern, a crucial one for web developers to understand, and looks at how you can implement it.
- Where does ASP.NET Web API Fit? - Rick Strahl takes a considered look at where the new ASP.NET Web API fits in the ASP.NET landscape, discussing what problems it solves, and looking at where its use is most applicable.
- Social News - Marcelo Ricardo de Oliveira takes a look at creating a Facebook like social news application using some of the exciting new web technologies, including SignalR and Knockout.js. Bonus points for using Big Bang Theory characters and scripts for the screen shots)
- How to develop a Windows Phone app in 30 days - Mohamed Yamama takes a look at 30 simple things you can do over the next month (one a day) to build your own Windows Phone application.
- Edinburgh - Aug/Sept - Windows Azure, Windows 8 UX and Windows 8 Dev Camps - Criag Murphy highlights a series of developer events taking place in Edinburgh at the end of the month (30th August - 1st September) covering Windows 8 Development and Windows Azure
- Reminder: BUILD 2012 registration begins Wednesday at 8:00 AM PDT - Today sees the opening of registration for the second //Build / conference, taking place in Redmond between 30th October and 2nd November.