- Lifting ForEach, Breaking Change in Visual Studio 2012 - Kathleen Dollard highlights a significant breaking change in .NET 4.5 to do with closures / lambda expressions and variable inclusion from the outer scope. The change means that the common error of not copying the variable locally will no longer occur.
- Querying ASP.NET Web API with OData querying parameters - Lê Hoàng D?ng takes a look at the OData querying support in WebAPI which allows queries to be passed on the query string for methods which return IQueryable.
- Do we really need Web API instead of ASP.NET MVC? - Ugo Lattanzi discusses his feelings on the need for WebAPI over MVC,focusing in on the ‘killer’ feature, content negotiation as the main reason to use WebAPI.
- Jazz Up Your C# Code - CodeProject - Charles Wiebe and John Hansen give an introduction to the Jazz Framework, a compact modular framework for adding security to your applications. This CodeProject article gives a detailed overview of the use of the library, detailing what it is capable of and how it is implemented.
- Working with the Different IIS Express Modes and HTTPS - Robert McMurray discusses the design architecture for IIS Express, looking at the Personal Web Server Mode and Application Server Modes, along with discussing the use of SSL with IIS Express.
- NxtGenUG - Event: Windows 8 - Martin Beeby will be joining the Coventry NxtGenUG for a session looking at the developer and designer aspects of Windows 8 on the evening of Monday 23rd July
- An introduction to CoffeeScript - Southville JS (Bristol, England) - Meetup - The Bristol based Southville JS group are meeting on Wednesday 11th July for an introductory look at the CoffeeScript language along with a lightning talk on HAXE and a tip on localtunnel.