- Mighty Moose Free - Greg Young announces the new that Mighty Moose, the continuous Testing tool for .NET will now be a free product, discussing the reasoning behind the decision, as well as talking a bout the history of the project.
- How we got rid of the database - ;part 5 - Gabriel Schenker continues his series discussing how his team did away with their database by adopting CQRS and Event Sourcing techniques, bringing together the various elements and discussing the solution as a whole in this part.
- ASP.NET Web API vs. ASP.NET MVC "APIs" - Dave Ward discusses the differences between ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API, discussing some of the key additional features that WebAPI offers, such as Content Negotiation, flexibility and a better structure for separation of concerns.
- Using controllers from an external assembly in ASP.NET Web API - Filip W.discusses how you can move controllers into their own assembly in your ASP.NET Web API projects, although its not quite a straightforward as i might be, looking at a solution he derived with help from Henrik Nielsen.
- My book "Debugging with Fiddler", is now available - Eric Lawrence announces the availability of his in-depth book on Fiddler ‘Debugging with Fiddler’ available in 330 page print and PDF formats. Fiddler is a very useful, and very powerful tool, and this book will be a great reference. Prices start from $10 for the PDF version.
- Developer Guidance for Web Sites with Flash Content in Windows 8 - Rob Mauceri discusses the support for Adobe Flash in Windows 8 versions of Internet Explorer, talking about the new power-optimized, touch-friendly Adobe Flash Player.included in IE10, and discussing how flash will be permitted in the Metro based IE but only for sites listed in compatibility mode.
- Developing a Windows 8 Metro App Part 3: Metro Design & Part 4: My "Reveal a Picture" Algorithm and Basic Code - Jennifer Marsman presses on with her series on building Windows 8 Metro applications with a discussion of UI design in a Metro environment and looking at the code which makes up her ‘reveal a picture’ sample application.
- UI Composition Techniques for Correct Service Boundires - Udi Dahan discusses how composition based UI structure can help lead you towards the correct structure for your backend services