- April 27th What’s Happening Around Visual Studio – Jason Zander gives another of his updates on what is going on in the Visual Studio World, highlighting the Async Targeting Pack for VS11, a number of great blog articles, and highlighting the availability of session recordings from the STAREAST testing conference.
- Using Nightly ASP.NET Web Stack NuGet Packages – Henrik F Nielsen discusses how you can now get the latest and greatest ASP.NET Web Stack NuGet packages which are generated from nightly builds of the Open Source project, showing how you can configure your system to use these cutting edge packages.
- A XAML Guy digs into ASP.NET MVC4 (Part 1 of ?) – Michael Crump kicks off a new series of posts taking a look at ASP.NET MVC4 from the point of view of a XAML Silverlight / Windows Phone / WPF developer. This first post gets you up and running and introduces some of the ASP.NET MVC fundamentals.
- Using Razor V2 in ASP.NET MVC 3 – Imran Baloch takes a look at how you can make use of the Razor V2 engine, which ships with ASP.NET MVC 4 and web Pages 2, from within your ASP.NET MVC 3 applications.
- GZip/Deflate Compression in ASP.NET MVC – Rick Strahl revisits GZip compression of web page output, looking at the best way of adding this capability in a controllable fashion to your ASP.NET MVC applications via ActionFilters.
- Learn MVC (Model view controller) Step by Step in 7days – Day 3 – Shivprasad koirala picks up this series of posts again posting day 3 of the series to CodeProject , taking a look at the use of partial views, the Razor View Engine, Data Annotation validation, and the use of Windows Authentication in your applications.
- The Present and Future of Using JSON in WebForms – Carl Bergenhem of the Telerik ASP.NET AJAX Team discusses the use of JSON data in your ASP.NET Web Forms applications, looking at the current WebService approach, and discussing some of the new features coming in ASP.NET 4.5
- The Case of The Unquoted Command Line: Process Monitor and MPGO.EXE – Sasha Goldshtein highlights MPGO.EXE, a tool which is included in the ,NET Framework which provides improved optimization managed assemblies. In this post Sasha takes a look at using process monitor to investigate an issue he was having with its use.
- Simple.Data and VB.Net the beginning & Seeing the sql Simple.Data generates – Christiaan Baes kicks off a series of posts looking at the use of the Simple.Data Micro ORM library from VB.NET, taking you through the setup and simple use of Simple.Data, and looking at the generated SQL it produces.
- Playing with PetaPoco – Eli Weinstock-Herman follows suit and takes a look at the use of PetaPoco (in C#), again exploring the getting started story, and looking at some simple examples.
- Celebration! 120’000 downloads for #mvvmlight, 2 copies of Expression Studio to win – Laurent Bugnion celebrates 120000 downloads of his MVVMLight framework, with a give away of two copies of Expression Studio, along with a discussion of some of the history of MVVM Light.
- Event: Free UK Windows Azure Bootcamp: Online – Planky highlights plans to run a version of the Windows Azure Bootcamp (which will be running in person in London and Liverpool in May) as a Lync online session to make it available to a wider range of people.
- Upcoming developer events in Edinburgh – So what is a developer experience anyway? – ‘stephencl123456789′ highlights two developer events being held up in Edinburgh, the first an all day event looking at Windows 8 for developers tomorrow (1st May), and the second a half day exploring Visual Studio 11 ALM features on 13th June.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1095