- Announcing Windows Azure Media Services - Scott Guthrie announces the latest PaaS solution from the Windows Azure Team. Windows Azure Media Services offers a collection of services which allows the ingestion, encoding, storage, streaming and content protection of Video all implemented behind a HTTP REST API.
- Announcing the Windows 8 Editions - Brandon LeBlanc announces the details of the three editions of Windows 8, two for standard PC hardware, and one for ARM based hardware, breaking down the features included in each
- elmah - Error Logging Modules and Handlers for ASP.NET - The ELMAH team announce the release of ELMAH 1.2 SP2, the latest update to the Error Logging Modules and Handlers for ASP.NET. This update addresses a variety of reported issues, along with a number of security related items. The release is available via NuGet pacakges.
- ElmahR v0.5 - Roberto Vespa announces ElmahR 0.5, the latest release of his web dashboard for ELMAH monitored applications which uses SignalR to get realtime updates.
- Announcing Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework Sample Browser v5 - A Big Refresh with Expansion to 3500+ code samples, Favorite Searches, Flexibilities & More - Jialiang Ge announces the latest iteration of the All-In-One Code Framework Sample Browser, which now features enhanced search capabilities over 3500 code samples, favourites and favourite searches, social media integration, improved querying along with performance improvements and bugfixes.
- Obfuscation is not a panacea - Simon Cooper discusses the arms race which is application obfuscation, the art (and tooling) which takes a standard .NET application and transforms it into something which is difficult to decompile / crack.
- How WebAPI does Parameter Binding - Mike Stall takes a look at how WebAPI performs it parameter binding in action methods, drawing values for parameters from the request and matching them to action parameters, and also discusses how this differs from ASP.NET MVC parameter binding.
- Upgrading WCF Data Services Projects to WCF Data Services 5.0 - Glenn Gailey discusses the upgrade process to take existing application up to the WCF Data Services 5.0 release, discussing the side by side installation, and looking at the changes required to update both client and server code.
- Hacking for fun: porting a Silverlight Windows Phone app to WinRT in 9hours - Jeremy Alles walks through the process of updating a Silverlight based Windows Phone game to run in WinRT
- NEBytes April 2012 - Automating the Platform of the Future - NEBytes April event is taking place on the evening of Thursday, 26 April 2012 between 18:30 and 21:00 and features Richard Custance discussing deploying and provisioning a .NET application on the Windows Azure Platform, and Andrew Westgarth give a deep dive into some of the new features included in IIS8 for both developers and IT Pros.