- jQuery Mobile 1.0.1 Released - The jQuery Mobile team announce the release of jQuery Mobile 1.0.1, their first maintenance release which brings support for the Samsung bada platform and UCBrowsers on the Android platform, along with a number of other bugfixes and enhancements.
- IcedCoffeeScript - IcedCoffeeScript is a fork of the main CoffeeScript which adds a number of additional features, most notably await and defer keywords which extend the power of the language with respect to asynchronous control flow, implementing continuation passing style, much like C#5.
- Umbraco CMS - Download: Umbraco CMS 5.0 RC 3 - The 3rd Release candidate of Umbraco CMS V5.0 is now available on CodePlex. This release candidate is likely to be the final one before a production release later this week, so is a great opportunity to get your hands on the new stuff first.
- Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Games Version 1.2.2 Released - Nathan Totten announces the release of 1.2.2 of his Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Games. There are no new features over the 1.2.0 beta, but this release is considered to be a stable one, and includes some perforamcne tweaks and improved use of AutoFac for dependency injection.
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs of Software Development - Scott Hanselman turns psychologist and discusses the hierarchy of needs looking at applying them to the practices of software development
- Don’t Rely Solely On jQuery’s "keyup" Event - Derick Bailey discusses how relying on the keyup event for change detection in browser input boxes can get your in to trouble when the browser’s auto complete kicks in.
- Perils Of Lambda Capture - Artur Laksberg discusses some of the confusion which arises from the capture of local variables in lambda expressions, especially when the lambdas are used for async code.
- Creating Files through BlobBuilder - Sharon Newman of the Internet Explorer Team discusses the implementation and use of the File API in Internet Explorer 10 which allows developers to read and write files on the client.
- MSDN Magazine February Issue Preview - Michael Desmond gives a teasing taste of what is coming in next month’s MSDN Magazine, due out online shortly.
- Found: Windows Azure Document Treasure Trove! - Peter Laudati highlights a collection of real world Windows Azure Guidance which covers a wide range of Azure topics, from Authentication to storage, via use of PowerShell, Dynamic scaling, and much more.
- Action, Func, void and unit - ‘Flatlander’ discusses the different types of Standard Delegate types which are included in the .NET Framework, looking at the lack of interchange-ability between the types, and looking at how F# provides a contrast to this.
- Engineering Management: Why are software development task estimations regularly off by a factor of 2-3? - A fascinating post on Quora discussing via analogy why it is that estimation in software development (and travel by foot over long distances) can be so inaccurate.
- Manchester Meetup. V5 presentation by @mattbrailsford from @Umbraco. - Manchester Umbraco Meetup - The Manchester Umbraco Meetup welcome Matt Brailsford of Umbraco to their February event, taking place on the evening of Wednesday 29th February, which will explore the new features of V5 of Umbraco.