Update: Fixed the typo in the title of today’s edition
- What is SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)?, What’s new in SQL Server Data Tools CTP4? & Download Available: SQL Server Data Tools CTP4 (SSDT) - The SQL Server Data Tools Team discuss the SQL Server Data Tools, highlighting their use in on and offline development, discuss the new features of the new CTP 4 Release and discuss the availability of the release.
- Using MVVM on the Web with KnockoutJS - Shawn Wildermuth discusses the use of KnockoutJS to create MVVM based applications in the browser, giving his perspective from the point of view of someone who has already done lots of MVVM on Silverlight.
- KsigDo Task Pad - Real-Time UI View Model syncing across users with ASP.NET, SignalR, Knockout MVVM and EF - Anoop Madhusudanan shows what combining 4 powerful frameworks can achieve with a little of your own code in creating a cracking sample application showing off their power, with full source code available over on CodePlex.
- Using Templates to Display Boolean Values as Yes/No Options - Scott Mitchell discusses the templates used by Html.EditorFor and Html.DisplayFor in ASP.NET MVC views, showing how you can tap into this to provide your own templates.
- Adding Personality with CSS3 Transitions and Animations - Ted Johnson discusses the internet Explorer 9 and 10 implementations of some of the CSS3 Transitions and Animations features which are still at the specification stage of becoming standards.
- PhoneGap on WP7 Tip #2: Script interaction - Glen Gordon continues his series of posts on using PhoneGap to create Windows Phone 7 applications, discussing bridging the gap between the phone application in HTML and the underlying host application.
- Nokia Developer Program: Tons of New Resources for WPdevs! - Daniel Egan highlights the new Nokia Windows Phone Developer Resources which include code samples, documentation, tools and videos.
- 31 Days of Mango | Day #22: App Connect - Jeff Blankenburg’s series of posts on Windows Phone Mango continue with another guest authored post, this time from Matt Eland. In this post Matt explores the App Connect functionality which allows you to combine your applications with others via search, instant answers and Quick Cards.
- Mango Sample: External Data & OAuth2 & Live Id - Jerry Nixon continues his series of Mango samples with a look at consuming external data from a simple WCF service and discusses making use of authentication in your applications using Live Id and OAuth2.
- Europe Virtual ALT.NET: Postponement: Andreas Håkansson and Steven Robbins on Nancy on 22 November 2011 - Due to busy schedules and illness the European Virtual Alt.Net event for tonight (Tuesday 22nd November) has been postponed. I shall endeavour to include the re-scheduled date in the Morning Brew when it is announced.