- Kinect SDK Beta 2 Release - Lee Stott highlights the release of the Kinect SDK Beta 2, along with the new website and branding for Kinect For Windows.
- Introducing S#arp Lite …S#arp Architecture’s pompous little sister - Billy McCafferty announces the launch of his new application architecture framework. S#arp Lite is a significantly cut down version of his original S#arp Architecture project, a framework for application development in ASP.NET MVC using NHibernate (and much more). S#arp Lite still achieves this, but with a lot less included in the box.
- SourceMonitor V220.127.116.11 - Tatworth highlights an updated version of SourceMonitor, a tool for examining source code and gathering metrics for a vast array of languages (including C#, VB.NET, C++, C, Delphi, HTML, and much more)
- ReSharper 6.1 EAP Opens: Much More than a Bugfix Release - JetBrains announce he opening of the Early Access Program for ReSharper 6.1. This program provides free (time limited) access to early builds of ReSharper 6.1, allowing the team to gather feedback on the changes they are making. The new version already has a number of great looking features to experiment with.
- Develop with Python in Visual Studio, connect with Kinect and Excel - Dan Highlights the release of Python Tools for Visual Studio 1.1 Alpha release, which brings improved Python support to Visual Studio, supporting CPython and IronPython, including code navigation, REPL window and much more
- Full-height app layouts: Navigation and History - Steve Sanderson continues his series of posts on building full height web based applications, bringing tablet / mobile User Experiences to the desktop web application. This post discusses the tracking of content in panes, and providing the navigation between content
- jQuery 1.7 Released - Event handling in a better, simplified and consolidated way - John Petersen highlights the release of jQuery 1.7 and discusses its new API for working with events, discussing the API and how it is an improvement over the previous way of attaching and detaching events.
- Testing Entity Framework applications, pt. 1 - Thomas Weller kicks off a three part series looking at the testing of applications which use Entity Framework as their Data Access strategy. This first post discusses the background to testing Entity Framework based code, and introduces the sample application which will be used for the remaining parts of the series
- Using AppHarbor, Bitbucket and Mercurial with ASP.NET and Silverlight - Part 1 - Erno de Weerd is running a series of posts (already up to part 3) which examine building a web based application using ASP.NET and Silverlight, along with using Mercurial, BitBucket and AppHarbor hosting, walking step by step through the process of creating the application.
- NHibernate Pitfalls: Querying a Collection Count - Ricardo Peres continues his series of posts on some of the potential pitfalls when using NHibernate for your data access, discussing the danger of using LINQ to Objects methods on Lazy Loaded collections.
- Introducing AutoBox - Mehfuz introduce AutoBox, a convention based on the fly dependency injection and caching container which integrates with Memcached and CouchBase’s Membase server to provide repository caching
- New SQL Server 2012 Labs and Presentations Available - Roger Doherty highlights a wealth of new content for SQL Server 2012 as a part of the SQL Server 2012 Developer Training Kit, available now via the Web Installer Preview. The labs and presentations included cover all aspects of SQL Server, including Programmability, Business intelligence and much more.
- SQL Server Roadmap to Denali Webcast Series - Susan Ibach highlights a series of webcast events running throughout November and into December looking at various aspects of SQL Server 2012 (Denali). The webcasts are scheduled for 1-2pm EST on Wednesdays.
- Playing with SQL Server 2012 the easy way, via a Microsoft and Amazon partnership for SQL Server 2012 on AWS/EC2 (Think "5 Minutes to Denali") - Greg Duncan highlights a partnership between Microsoft and Amazon which provides the simplest way of getting your hands on a working instance of SQL Server 2012, via Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- 31 Days of Mango | Day #5: Gyroscope & Day #6: Motion - Jeff Blankenburg continues his series of 31 days of posts on Windows Phone Mango development, with parts 5 and 6 looking at the gyroscope and detecting different kinds of motion.
- Effective Strategies for Distributed Testing - ThoughtWorks Testing Portal is running a 1 hour webinar on strategies for distributed testing between 1:15 and 2:15pm EDT on Wednesday 9th November, when Anand Bagmar and Manish Kumar will be discussing the best practices for distributed testing and putting them to work