Posted by Chris Alcock on Wednesday 27th October 2010 at 07:40 am | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- Continuation Passing Style Revisited Part Four: Turning yourself inside out – Eric Lippert continues his series on Continuation Passing Style discussing why this style of programming is not used more often, discussing the difficulties people have in understanding these concepts.
- Silverlight Developer Guidance Map – J.D. Meier highlights the Silverlight Developer Guidance Map from the Microsoft Patterns an Practices Team, providing a good pointer to the vast wealth of Silverlight HowTos, Code Samples, Videos and Training Resources.
- RavenDb: Playing with Inheritance and Polymorphism – Mike Hadlow has been exploring RavenDB, and in this post gives a simple example of working with an inheritance based model for the documents to be stored, and how RavenDB supports this.
- Synchronization primitives, MulticastAutoResetEvent – Ayende discusses some of the complexities of signalling background threads to do work in a system like RavenDB, discussing the use of AutoResetEvents and Monitor.PulseAll.
- 10 Tips you should know about "Watch Window" While debugging in Visual Studio – Abhijit Jana shares 10 tips for the use of the Watch Window in Visual Studio, ranging from copy/paste feature to getting Garbage Collection Generation information, and watching new objects created in the immediate window.
- Create your own Format Bar for the WPF RichTextBox – Brian Lagunas looks at creating a WPF Ribbon based user interface for the WPF Rich Text Box, showing the operation of both controls and how to wire them together.
- Building mobile web site with ASP.NET MVC and jQuery Mobile – Gunnar Peipman investigates building an ASP.NET MVC web site using the jQuery Mobile library to construct a good Mobile User Experience and shows how Windows Mobile handles the UI.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Building and Deploying your Windows Phone 7 Applications – Colin Melia runs through the complete process of building a simple Windows Phone 7 application, from installing the required tooling, right through to the submission to the Marketplace.
- WP7 Code: Managing Application State – Dragos Manolescu looks at adding save and restore of application state to the GeoFencing Windows Phone 7 Application, exploring a few features of the Reactive Extensions along the way.
- Dumping ASP.NET Session (x86 /x64) within Windbg – Naveen looks at investigating the ASP.NET Session data from WinDBG, sharing a script which dumps out the session objects.
- Aberdeen Developers’ .NET User Group, 11th November – Mike Taulty and Mike Ormond will be speaking at the Aberdeen Developers’ .NET User Group on the evening of 11th November, with Mike Taulty covering Silverlight 4 features, and Mike Ormond looking at Developing for Windows Phone 7
- Mobile Web Best Practices Webinar – Woody Pewitt will be delivering a DevExpress Online presentation today (27th October) at 10am PDT looking at best practices for developing websites intended specifically for use on a mobile device.
- PDC10 Coming to you Live! Don’t miss it! – PDC 2010 kicks off tomorrow, and loads of the content and talks will be available live online allowing those unable to attend in person to share in the experience with HD 720p streams, live translations (into Chinese, Japanese, French and Spanish)
1 Comment »