Looking forward to the 8th DeveloperDeveloperDeveloper conference down in Reading tomorrow. As always, if you are there and spot me, please come over and say hello.
- Announcing PostSharp 2.0 CTP 3 - Gael Fraiteur announces the release of the 3rd CTP release of PostSharp 2. This release is mostly a bugfix release over the previous CTP2 release and is set to expire on 1st March 2010
- Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework 2010-1-25: brief intro of new samples - All-In-One Code Framework got an update earlier this week which added a number of new samples for Azure, WorkFlow, Visual Studio Extensibility, and much more
- NDepend v3 is now 100% integrated in Visual Studio - Patrick Smacchia talks about the new NDepend 3 Beta, and how it integrates tightly withVisual Studio, and the lengths they went to in ensuring that it performs well in the IDE. The Beta is available now, and works with VS 2005/2008 with support for some VS2010 builds.
- Extensible Output Caching with ASP.NET 4 (VS 2010 and .NET 4.0 Series) - Scott Guthrie continues his series of posts on VS2010 and .NET 4, focusing this time on the new features for ASP.NET output caching, looking at how the provider model has been used to allow extensibility of the caching available. Scott also highlights a number of Nice "Quick Hit" Videos about ASP.NET 4 and VS 2010
- You have 10 votes. Why not use them! www.mygreatwindowsazureidea.com - Eric Nelson highlights a means of feeding back to and helping the Windows Azure team focus their efforts on improving and extending the Azure platform. Eric also shares the Results of Cloud Computing Survey - Part 1: Is Cloud relevant?
- RIA Services - Displaying data with Silverlight 4 Beta & Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 - Bruno Terkaly continues his series of posts taking a step by step approach looking at lifting the lid on using the RIA (Rich Internet Application) Services with Silverlight 4 Beta and Visual Studio 2010.
- NHibernate new feature: No proxy associations - Ayende talks about another change to NHibernate’s Lazy load functionality, in this case providing a means of disabling the use of proxy. This change still maintains lazy loading, just removing the proxy class involvement meaning you don’t experience the ‘Ghost Object’ problem.
- Editing a variable length list, ASP.NET MVC 2-style - Steve Sanderson follows up on a previous post about maintaining a variable list, sharing an improved technique which has become his prefered method.
- C# 4.0 Optional Parameters - Exploration. - Jason Jarrett explores the use of optional parameters in interfaces, looking at some of the more complex scenarios which the use of optional parameters can cause.
- Reading Code, Spark’s Once Attribute - Chris Missal takes a look under the hood of the Spark view engine which is usable from ASP.NET MVC and MonoRail
- What’s new in Monorail 2.0 - Ken Egozi explores some of the new features of MonoRail 2.0 focusing on some of the config, binding and routing changes.
- Calling constructors in arbitrary places - Eric Lippert looks at calling other constructor of a type, and why you can only do this before your constructor body executes.