Still not quite caught up with my backlog of posts to read, but I think normality will be restored tomorrow – I’m down to the low signal to noise feeds now, so I don’t anticipate a huge deluge of old content will be being posted now.
- Treemap + Silverlight => Gasp! – Wade Dorrell highlights a new Silverlight control which renders treemaps – a visualisation I really like
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition GDR – RTM – Data Dude rounds up the features included in the RTM release of Visual Studio Team Systems 2008 Database Edition GDR (what a mouthful!) which was released to web yesterday.
- MEF Re-factored, Preview 3 has shipped. – Glenn Block announces the release of Preview 3 of the Managed Extensibility Framework, along with a number of other changes, the great news about this release is that its licensed as MS-PL, the Microsoft Permissive License, allowing you to use the source in other environments.
- Sorting 1PB with MapReduce – An interesting article from the Official Google Blog, talking about performance testing their sorting algorithms. Further proof that computation on a Google scale is incredible, they are sorting 1PB of data using 4000 computers!
- How to update assembly version number automatically – Sergiy Korzh shares a simple utility which makes it easy to update the build number of an application from the command line / build script by changing the AssemblyInfo.
- Processes in .NET Part 1 – Launching Processes and Managing the Scheduler – Rick Minerich starts a series on managing external processes with a look at starting processes and manipulating their running environment, changing their processor affinity and process priority.
- Did you know… Visual Studio comes with an image library for you to use in your applications? – #364 – Sara Ford highlights a useful free resource that comes with Visual Studio – an image library which also contains templates to help you create your own versions.
- P&P Pocket Software Architecture Guides Released – The Patterns and Practices team seem to be releasing new stuff every day, and this week announce the release of 6 pocket architecture guides covering Agile, Web Applications, Mobile, RIA (Rich Internet Applications), Rich client and serivice architectures.
- Best Practice – <GeneratePublisherEvidence> in ASPNET.CONFIG – Zach Kramer talks about changing a setting in the ASP.NEt configuration to help improve the performance of application startup
- New ASP.NET Charting Control: <asp:chart runat="server"/> – ScottGu shows off the recently released ASP.NET Charting Control which allows you to produce nice looking charts in your applications.
- My durable WCF RESTful calculator – Pablo M. Cibraro looks at implementing a Durable Service in WCF by way of a simple example of a calculator
- Windsor WCF Integration – Mike Hadlow explores the Windsor IOC Container integration with WCF which has seen some recent development.