- Small Basic - A new Labs project from Microsoft labs, Small Basic has been in development on and off for a year. The idea behind Small Basic is to bring the fun and simplicity of writing code back, recapturing the fun and easy we used to program on the early 8bit home computers.
- NCover 3.0.2 Beta is now available - 1 day on, and the NCover team are on their 3rd beta release of NCover 3
- Encapsulation: Entities, Collections And Business Rules - Derick Bailey talks about encapsulation of business rules in your business entities, rather than letting the functionality out into controllers or forms, and shows a solution to the problem.
- New MassTransit Screencast and Sample - Chris Patterson shares a screencast on the WebServiceBridge sample in MassTransit, showing how it works, and how it makes low coupling possible in web services for the publish / subscribe functionality.
- Application Idle - DaveyM69 looks at techniques to detect when a WinForms application is idle (for the purposes of logging a user out) in this Code Project Article.
- ASP.NET: Alternatives to Dynamic Controls - Part 2 - Adam Pooler continues his series looking at alternatives to creating controls dynamically in code, looking in this part at persisting values between postbacks.
- Troubleshooting ASP.NET issues with HTTPERR logs - Tess Ferrandez reminds us all of a very useful (and often forgotten) log file to help diagnose ASP.NET (and other Web server) errors.
- TODO.txt 2008 Ultimate Team Edition - Tobin Harris talks about his favourite way of achieving Collaborative Issue Management - use a text file as it ticks a lot of the boxes for such a requirement.
- Big Day for Amazon EC2: Production, SLA, Windows, and 4 New Capabilities - Significant things are happening for Amazon EC2 - its finally out of beta, and (more interestingly for us .NET folks) Windows and SQL Server are being made available (in a beta form) on the platform.
- Architecting .NET Web Applications for Scale & Performance (A Practical Guide) - A nice article which remains quite practical, covering working on large projects, managing development teams along with scaling and performance.
- What I want from an ORM - Colin Jack talks about some features he’d like to see in Object Relational Mapping software in the future.
- ASP.NET Patterns every developer should know - Alex Homer looks at some common patterns for ASP.NET, offering some implementation and usage notes for them.
- Custom Exceptions: When should you create them? - Jared Parsons shares some rules you should consider before creating your own exceptions