- Announcing the NCover 3 Beta Program - NCover release Beta 1 of NCover 3, a Code Coverage tool for .NET
- Pex 0.8 Released, featuring Code Digger and Stubs - One day after showing off the interesting forthcoming functionality of Pex, Nikolai Tillmann announces that Pex 0.8 is released. This release includes the Code Digger (mentioned in yesterday’s Brew), along with Stubs, and a number of bug fixes.
- Debugging Large ViewState - Zach Kramer look into dealing with large ASP.NET viewstate, working out what is in there any why it is so large
- .NET Reflector: Soup to Nuts - Andrew Clarke gives a comprehensive run through of the features and techniques for working with Reflector, the tool originally by Lutz Roeder, now acquired by RedGate.
- The Weekly Source Code 35 - Zip Compressing ASP.NET Session and Cache State - Scott Hanselman looks into compression of Session and Cache items to gain significant additional storage of items. Looks like a useful technique when working on a Memory bound/CPU idle server.
- October 22nd Links: ASP.NET, Visual Studio, WPF and Silverlight - ScottGu provides his regular link post of WPF, ASP.NET and Silverlight content. About 75% of the links have not been featured in the Brew, so there is some good stuff there.
- Survey RESULTS: What .NET Framework features do you use? - Scott Hanselman shares the results of his recent survey on .NET features in use - the results look pretty much how I expected they would.
- Singletonitis - Sean Feldman talks about a common affliction, having singletons / static classes when you don’t really need them, and shows how you can remove them from your application, along with the benefits of doing so.
- DDD and Complexity - Colin Jack talks about the complexity of DDD, and how you can gain many of the advantages of DDD by adopting parts of the process / not following it to the letter.
- Where are the DDD sample applications? - Jimmy Bogard talks about why there are no real example applications for Domain Driven Development.
- C# Generics when working with Enum - johanvw shows how use of generics can make working with Enums a little easier
- Using Reflection To Extract Values From a Static Class - Adam Pooler delves into reflection on static classes by looking at an example of accessing items from the HTTPContext using reflection.
- Covariance and Contravariance in delegates - Elroy Dsilva examines tow interesting delegate features, illustrating with examples of each.
- Astoria futures: offline-enabled data services - Pablo Castro, software architect for the Astoria project at Microsoft talks about some of the early planning and thinking for offline functionality.
- Attaining IE8 Site Compatibility - Short Reference - Alexander Strauss talks about getting your website to work correctly in the forthcoming Internet Explorer 8
- Developer Day Registration is open - Ian Cooper announces that registrations for DDD 7 are open, and within 4 hours all the places were gone. They are still accepting registrations for reserve list places, which is worth registering for as there are usually a number of people who register and drop out.
- MIX09 | Web Design and Development Conference, March 18 – 20, 2009 - Registration is now open for the US MIX09 event, with early bird discounts of $200