- Mono 2.0 is out! - Miguel de Icaza announces the release of Mono 2.0 - the list of what is included in this release is very impressive - its great that we can write .NET code and have it run on platforms other than Windows.
- .NET Micro Framework V3.0 RC0 Now Available! - Steve Maillet, program manager for the .NET Micro Framework announces that the first release candidate of Version 3 of the framework is now available on Connect.
- MSBuild Extension Pack (Think “FreeToDev MSBuild Tasks Suite” but now they’re cooking with gas! - Greg Duncan highlights the latest update to the MSBuild Extension Pack - a (huge) number of MS Build tasks for .NET 3.5 which add support to MSBuild for a vast array of operations from interactions with the GAC to playing sounds.
- ASP.NET website Continuous Integration+Deployment using CruiseControl.NET, Subversion, MSBuild and Robocopy - A nice detailed article from Omar AL Zabir on using Continuous Integration tools to automate your ASP.NET site build and deployment
- Formatting strings - Jon Skeet posts on the subject of Format Strings, and looks at how their performance suffers compared to simple concatenation, and muses over the reasons why this might be.
- The big news from MS BI Conference are out - Mosha Pasumansky reports on some of the big news announcements about SQL Server coming from the Microsoft Business Information conference.
- ASP.NET MVC with NHaml - F# Edition - Matthew Podwysocki takes a look at what you need to do to get ASP.NET MVC working with F# and the NHaml view engine - it looks like it takes a bit of setting up for the project, but once that is done it seems to work well.
- Long strings in Visual Basic 2008 - Eric Nelson posts a neat trick for Visual Basic programmers who need long multiline strings - using the XML literals to make the code clearer - I wonder what if any performance penalty this incurs.
- Preventing third-party derivation, part two - Eric Lippert continues his series on preventing developers taking derivations of your classes with a look at some metadata based ways of achieving this using security attributes.
- Sammy The Snake: An XNA game for the Zune - Nick Gravelyn writes at length about the construction of a game for the Zune using XNA Game Studio 3.0. This is a code along article (and is quite long), but looks like a great intro if you are wanting to have a go at game development.
- .NET 1.1 and VS2003 Mainstream Support Ends on Oct 14, 2008 - David Jung posts about the end of mainstream support for Visual Studio 2003 / .NET 1.1 - The extended support phase runs for another 5 years, so if you are still developing on .NET 1.1 you are not completely without support.
- jBlogMvc : part 2 Editing, Deleting, Paging Posts and Rss feeds - Amr Elsehemy continues his series on building a Blogging engine on ASP.NET MVC and JQuery - this part looks at dealing with posts and the construction of RSS feeds from first principles. As usual there is a code drop included for this post.