- Free Silverlight datagrid released - Download now - Devexpress announce the release of their Free Silverlight Datagrid AgDataGrid
- Announcing FsTest - The Testing DSL for F# - Matthew Podwysocki announces the Testing DSL for F# he has been working on, and explains how it works behind the scenes.
- Separation of Concerns by example: Part 1 - Jimmy Bogard post up the first real part of a series on applying the principle of separation of concerns. In this part he makes some refactorings to eliminate some static methods.
- Portable Powershell - Part 2: Roll your own, plus a challenge - Karl Prosser explains how he created a portable version of PowerShell - and it wasn’t the way I thought.
- Unit testing non-public types using reflection - Dennis "D.C." Dietrich looks at using reflection to enable the unit testing of private and protected members
- How to Build a Task Scheduler System for the ASP.NET – Part 1 - Keyvan Nayyeri looks at implementing a task scheduler within your ASP.NET application - a strange idea if you have lots of access to the machine hosting your site (as there are many better alternatives) but for people with more basic web hosting accounts, this type of scheduler will be very useful.
- SubSonic: Writing Decoupled, Testable Code With SubSonic 2.1 - Rob Conery shows how it is possible to write good decoupled code using SubSonic, and shows how it can easily be tested
- Scalable COMET Combined with ASP.NET - When I first heard about COMET, I thought it was just Non-Parsed Headers from the olden days - however there is more to it, and this is the first article I’ve seen about a .NET implementation - interesting reading.
- Dianose Assembly Binding Failures - Shahar Y highlights the Fusion Log Viewer as a means to help diagnose the problem of the .NET framework not being able to find a specific assembly. I used to encounter this type of issue quite a lot, and this toll really would help - although I’ve not had problems with this in a while
- Webcast - The Net Coffee Break Show - Details of a new monthly webcast series from the Irish Developer community. You have to pre-register, however registration is free. Supplement your Morning Brew with a Coffee Break show
- Microsoft Tech·Ed EMEA 2008 - Developer - TechEd Europe which is to be held in Barcelona in November is now open for registration with early bird savings of €300, making the registration €1,945 + 16% VAT