- Announcing TypeScript 1.8 Beta – Bowden Kelly announces the release of the first beta of TypeScript 1.8, available for Visual Studio 2015, via NuGet, npm and as a direct download. This version adds improved JSX support, syntax highlighting in VS2015 and improved compilation performance using ChakraCore
- AutoMapper 4.2.0 released – Jimmy Bogard announces the release of AutoMapper 4,2,0 which includes the new instance based API (replacing the now obsolete static API), along with mapping to Dynamic, expando and dictionary types, translation of expression and queryable types from source to destination types.
- Automatically Evaluating Compressibility – Eric Lawrence highlights a useful plugin extension for Fiddler which makes it easier to evaluate improvements to compression that are possible across multiple requests which make up the page and its resources.
- A long overdue status update – Alexander Schmitz gives an update on the jQuery Mobile project and the long time coming 1.5 release, a beta of which is approaching readiness.
- Apache Cordova development lands on Visual Studio Code – Ryan J. Salva announces the release of tooling to bring Apache Cordova development to the Visual Studio Code editor, making cross platform mobile development even easier with lighter weight tooling.
- Marten Takes a Big Step Forward with v0.6 – Jeremy D Miller announces the 0.6 release of Marten, a project which seesk to turn Postgresql into a document database for .NET Developers
- Interactive Coding with C# and F# REPLs (ScriptCS or the Visual Studio Interactive Window) – Scott Hanselman takes a look at the various REPL (Read Evaluate Print Loop) environments for .NET Languages, highlighting ScriptCS, The Visual Studio Interactive window which allows C# and F# code to be used
- Fastest code is the one not run: Part I – The cost of escaping strings – Ayende discusses the additional cost of escaping strings, using an example fro JSON.NET
- Feature Toggles – Pete Hodgson shares the next part of this post on Feature Toggles, looking at the patterns in implementing feature toggles in your application
- The Basics of Web Application Security – Cade Cairns and Daniel Somerfield share an initial post in and evolving publication on web application security
- Inline Images in ASP.NET MVC Core – Ricardo Peres shares a helper method which allows you to easily inline images within ASP.NET MVC Core applications
- Introducing React – Kirupa Chinnathambi shares a nice introduction to the evolution of web applications into Single Page applications and takes a look at the concepts behind the React framework
- Exploiting TypeScript Arrays – Peter Vogel takes a look at the use of Arrays in TypeScript , and how they offer a more limited range of features than the vast selection of types in .NET
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #2020