- [Announcement] OData Web API 5.4 RC – The OData Web API announce the release of their Release Candidate of the OData Web API 5.4 featuring a number of new features including Date-time and case insensitivity support
- Announcing Azure Preview Portal Improvements – Leon Welicki shares news of the latest update to the Azure Preview Portal, introducing a new Essentials Panel, improving the resources blades and also general UI improvements.
- ServiceBus Client 2.6 Nuget is now live on Nuget.org – Dan Rosanova announces the release of the an updated client for the ServiceBus available now on NuGet
- Clean event handler invocation with C# 6 – Jon Skeet discusses some of the complexities of Event Handling code, and how C# 6 features make it easier to call event handlers, along with a discussion of Thread Safety
- Clean Tests: A Primer – Jimmy Bogard discusses how his testing practices have evolved over time and been informed by working with long lived code bases, discussing his current framework of choice for testing.
- Aurelia – Day one – ‘byteflux’ shares some more initial thoughts on Aurelia, and discusses tooling for working with ECMAScript 6 code.
- Replace CoffeeScript with ES6 – Blake Williams takes a look at migrating from CoffeeScript to pure ECMAScript 6 code, using the 6to5 project to transpile the ECMAScript 6 down to ES5 for execution.
- C# Design Notes for Jan 21, 2015 – Issue #98 -· dotnet/roslyn – Mads Torgersen shares notes from the First Design meeting for C#7
- Azure VM Blues: Fighting a losing Performance Battle – Rick Strahl discusses making the switch from physical hosted server to the Azure Platform, discussing some concerning performance in comparison – be sure to check out the comments for some good discussions and suggestions as to why the performance is the way it is.
- Excerpts from the RavenDB Performance team report: Optimizing Compare, Don’t you shake that branch at me! – Federico Andres Lois (via Ayende) continues discussion of some performance aspects of RavenDB, looking at comparisons and digging down to the IL layer.
- Challenge: How many memory leaks can you find? – Rainer Stropek shares a memory leaking sample application and asks ‘how many leaks can you find’ before digging down into how to use tooling like ANTS Profiler to identify memory leaks in your applications.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1790