Update: Corrected attribution for ‘Technical Debt 101’ below – thanks to James Gregory for letting me know.
- VS & TFS 2013 Update 4 CTP 1 is available – Brian Harry announces the first Community Technology Preview release of Visual Studio and TFS 2013 Update 4, highlighting a number of great application lifecycle management improvements.
- Visual Studio 2013 Update 4 CTP 1 Ready to Download – John Montgomery shares the news of the CTP release, highlighting the release notes and mechanisms for feedback
- Application Insights SDK (0.10.0-prerelease) – Joshua Weber announces the pre-release version of the Application Insights SDK, and outlines how it can be used to add monitoring to your applications
- Technical debt 101 – Nils Putniņš shares and article from Maiz Lulkin (orignial of which can be found here) which discusses the concepts of technical debt, drawing on definitions from around the development world, as well as discussing getting out of technical debt.
- ATBG: Ontogeny, phylogeny and virtual methods – Eric Lippert returns from holiday and highlights his latest ‘Ask the Bug Guys’ post looking at the use of virtual methods calls in constructors.
- Data Points – Git: It’s Just Data! – Julie Lerman takes a look at Git from the point of view of considering it a form of database.
- What kind of problems you’ll find only when you are dog fooding – Ayende continues his discussion of the practice of dogfooding your software, discussing the classes of issues you encounter when doing this level of testing.
- Minimum Credible Release (MCR) and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) – JD Meier discusses the principles behind the lean concepts of Minimal Viable Product, and the Minimum Credible Release.
- TypeScript Mario – Phil Trelford takes a look at the TypeScript language, and implements a Mario sample which he has previously implemented in a number of other languages.
- Azure Event Hubs, Queues and Workers – Jeff Levinson takes a look at a number fo Azure event notification technologies giving an overview of each
- Centering in CSS: A Complete Guide – Chris Coyier shares a nice guide to something which is always a lot more tricky than it should be
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1687