- Playing with Roslyn – Ayende discusses some of the use of CodeDOM in RavenDB, and takes a look at the performance of similar code created using the Roslyn APIs
- Single Page Applications? Bah Humbug! – Shawn Wildermuth discusses the rise of the term ‘Single Page Application’, looking at its origins, and discussing how despite its name you don’t actually have to (and probably shouldn’t) build your whole application in a single page.
- Stack Overflow – performance lessons (part 1) – Matt Warren takes a look at StackOverflow’s approach to performance from the outside of the organisation, highlighting some of the published projects and articles which hint at their approach.
- Reusing ViewModels in a Universal App – Part 4 – Nathan Nesbit continues his series looking at how to structure an application such that you can share ViewModels between applications on different platforms.
- The webpage cannot be found (404) when accessing a file on Azure Websites, Configuring Application Request Routing (ARR) to use a port other than port 80 & Using a Site Extension on Azure Web Sites to automatically Bundle and Minify your content – Benjamin Perkins takes a look at the very prevalent 404 errors you encounter with IIS when first setting things up, explores configuring slightly unusual setups for ARR, and takes a look at bundling and minification on Azure Websites.
- Intro to Git and GitHub Part 3: Branching – Tobiah Marks continues his series looking at the use of Git and GitHub, taking a look at Branching in this post.
- Let your code speak for itself – Thorsten Bruning discusses code readability and looks at a number of techniques to improve comprehension of your code.