- Release Candidate for Katana 3 and the ASP.NET Security Components – Vittorio Bertocci highlights the second Release Candidate release of the ASP. NET Security Components for Katana 3
- Updates to RoslynDom 1.0.9 Alpha – Kathleen Dollard shares the next alpha version of RoslynDom, featuring a substantial number of changes and improvements to the library since the last release
- A community created GuidGen, GuidGen 2.0 (a replacement for Guid tool you love to hate, hate to love) – Greg Duncan highlights GUIDGEN 2.0, available now from the Visual Studio Gallery, providing new integration with the IDE for all your GUID creation needs
- Over 1 Million FREE Microsoft eBooks Given Away in 2 days! (and soon to be 2 MILLION!) – Eric Ligman is having a fantastic time giving away free e-Books with a remarkable uptake, and some good titles available in his latest collection of free Microsoft eBooks.
- Setting up billing alert for Azure (preview) – Iris Classon takes a look at the new preview feature of Azure which allows to to define rules for notification of the billing status of your services, and something well worth putting in place to help monitor your costs before services get cut off.
- JSON: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly – Tim Murphy takes a look a the pros and cons of the JSON data format for services, over that of SOAP and XML
- Unusual Ways of Boosting Up App Performance. Boxing and Collections – Alexey Totin takes a look at two things to watch out for in your code which can have a dramatic effect on your applications performance.
- Adding an Overload is a Breaking Change – Anders Abel explores how adding overloads to methods may result in a breaking change to your library
- IIS 8.0 Asp.net warm up Auto Start & Application Initialization – CodeProject – Santosh Poojari gives a run through of the configuration and use of the IIS8 Warmup Auto Start features
- Capturing Traffic via Virtual Router – Eric Lawrence discusses how you can use Fiddler to intercept traffic from mobile devices using the Virtual Router to assist in situations when you can’t configure proxy settings