- Version 1.7.3 for ADO Released (Glimpse) – Anthony van der Hoorn highlights a bugfix release of Glimpse to fix an issue with Glimpse’s use with Entity Framework 6.1
- openFrameworks Developers Can Now Create Universal Apps for Windows – Eric Mitt highlights an open source release of a project generator which allows openFrameworks developers to build native Universal Apps for Windows Phone, tablets and PCs
- Upcoming VS Online Licensing Changes – Brian Harry discusses some licensing changes for Visual Studio Online based upon the feedback and research the team have performed.
- Stop Cheating the Type System – Marius Schulz discusses the type system in strongly typed languages like C# and the benefits it brings with it, also looking at the things that you can do (but shouldn’t) which reduce these benefits
- NodeJs, Azure and IIS – Ugo Lattanzi explores some of the differences between hosting Node applications in their own process and hosting them in the Cloud under Azure and IISNode.
- The Repository Pattern in ASP.NET – Part 2 – Paul Cociuba rounds out his series on building applications on ASP.NET 4.5 with a final part concluding his look at the repository pattern
- Fun with .NET – Windows Phone, LEGO Mindstorms, and Azure – dotnetConf 2014 – Dan Fernandez squeezes in all manner of cool and fun technology into a single recorded virtual conference session
- Automatic NGEN PDB generation – Aditya Mandaleeka discusses the generation of PDB files as a part of the NGEN process for building native images
- On Programmers Productivity – Patrick Smacchia shares some interesting thoughts on developer productivity, motivation and practices.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1648