- Glimpse 1.8.6 released – Anthony van der Hoorn announces the release of Glimpse 1.8.6, a bugfix patch release including a few new features, including an easier launch button making it ever easier to start Glimpse when you application consists of services rather than pages.
- Announcing Multilingual App Toolkit v3.1 – Cameron Lerum announces the release of the Multilingual App Toolkit version 3.1, a release containing both bugfixes and a few new features
- FeatureToggle 2.2Released – Jason Roberts announces the release of FeatureToggle 2.2 with a new HttpJsonFeatureToggle which goes an retrieves the feature toggle state from a JSON based service
- Open Sesame – Open XML SDK is now open source – Greg Duncan highlights the news of the release of the OpenXML SDK as open source software
- Survey of two large MVC projects – Jimmy Bogard gives an interesting survey of two different ASP.NET MVC projects he has been involved in
- Running services in long lived applications in .NET – Jonas Gauffin discusses running services within long running applications, and gives a taste of how the Griffin.Framework handles and provides functionality for this.
- Adventures in Custom Testing Infrastructure – Jeremy D Miller discusses how implementing your own testing infrastructure can make your development easier by providing more efficient feedback cycles.
- ASP.NET Scalability: the Good, the Bad and the Hype – Dino Esposito discusses the concepts and definition of scalability, and looks at some factors which can help you achieve scalability of your ASP.NET applications
- Trying Redis Caching as a Service on Windows Azure – Scott Hanselman takes a look at the Redis Caching service available on the Microsoft Azure Platform, exploring a little of how it is used and what you can do with it
- DDD North 2014 Announced – Andrew Westgarth announces the date and location of the 2014 edition of DDD North. The event is to be held on Saturday 18th October at the University of Leeds. Session submission is now open, so if you are interested in presenting at the conference get your proposals in.
- dotnetConf is on! Free virtual conference – The .NET Team highlight the dotnetConf virtual conference which started yesterday (Wednesday) and continues today (Thursday)
- .NET Rocks! – Show 1000 – Congratulations to Carl Franklin and Richard Campbell on hitting show 1000 of .NET Rocks – a substantial and significant milestone for what is a must listen podcast,