Monday is (another) public holiday here in the UK, and as is tradition The Morning Brew shall take a break from publication that day, returning as usual on Tuesday 27th May.
- The updates just keep a rolling…Visual Studio 2013.3 CTP 1 Released – Greg Duncan highlights the release of the first Community Technology Preview of Visual Studio 2013 Update 3
- Web Essentials on Visual Studio Web Express – Mads Kristensen highlights a useful feature of Visual Studio 2013 pdate 2 which allows for the We Essentials extension to be installed into the Express editions of the product
- .NET Native Deep Dive: Help! I Didn’t Hit a MissingMetadataException! – Morgan Brown continues his series of posts looking at the Runtime Directives in .NET Native, looking at another edge set of cases for .NET Native where it does not throw exceptions where you might exptect it to.
- My experience with .NET Native Preview – Helge Mahrt shares his experiences of the .NET Native Preview, looking at the setup, use and performance of code compiled in this way
- Exploring Roslyn, part 2: Inside the End-User Preview – ‘SLaks’ follows on from a post a month and a half ago looking at Roslyn, discussing what the end user preview contains, some of the features and refactorings possible.
- Optimizing calls to Azure storage using Fiddler – Maarten Balliauw discusses expereinces scaling MyGet now that the ASP.NET vNext packages are hosted there, the sudden increase in traffic, and a useful tip for scaling your Azure Storage
- Tables with Integer Keys and the .NET Backend – Jason Cooke takes a look at the use of Integer keys in Azure Mobile Services, using AutoMapper to map from entities
- Universal apps are confusing because they’re not apps… – Matt Lacey disects Universal Apps, looking at what they really are, and how the similarity in name with terms from other mobile platforms causes some confusion
- Text Processing -1 : Fuzzy String Matching or Searching – Psycho_Coder explores some techniques in Text Processing with samples of some common implementations in python
- My Top 10 Sessions for Developers From TechEd 2014 – Michael Crump shares his top 10 picks for developers from he recorded sessions at TechEd 2014 – also serving as a useful reminder about the fantastic efforts to record all these sessions and make them available from Channel9
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1615