- Announcing the availability of Team Foundation Server 2013 Power Tools - Charles Sterling announces the release of the Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2013 Power Tools, providing the power tools, build extensions and Source Code Control Provider. The new release has a bunch of new features including Best Practices Analyser, Check-in policies, Process Template Editor, Team Explorer Enhancements, etc.
- Announcing TouchDevelop v3.1: Bluetooth, pin to start, Radio, debugger, profiler, insights, tutorials, videos - Nikolai Tillmann announces the release of TouchDevelop 3.1, another significant release of this mobile application development environment available for Windows Phone 8
- Math from scratch, part two: zero and one - Eric Lippert presses on with his series looking at re-implementing maths with only boolean and object types with a first look at representing the number zero and one.
- Casting vs "as" - embracing exceptions - Jon Skeet writes up a common StackOverflow answer in blog form discussing the differences between the various ways of converting from one type to another, discussing whether ‘as’ can be considered to be safer than other methods or not.
- Non Short Circuiting C# Conditional Operators - Jason Roberts takes a short look at the short-circuiting conditional operators and how their behaviour differs from the non-short circuiting operators.
- Working with Assemblies in the GAC - Marin Bratanov takes a look at what the Global Assembly Cache in .NET does and explores a number of techniques to use when working with assemblies which live in the GAC.
- ActivityTracerScope - Easy activity tracing with SvcTraceViewer.exe and System.Diagnostics - ‘orsobrown’ takes a look at the use of the SvcTraceViewer.exe for handling logging from more than just WCF services, kicking off this 3 part series with some background on tracing events.
- Logging in the OWIN World with Microsoft.Owin: Introduction - Tugberk Ugurlu also takes a look at trace logging, this time exploring the logging capabilities provided in the Microsoft.Owin implementation of the OWIN platform
- Instrumenting ASP.NET Web API - Bates Westmoreland takes a brief look at adding some instrumentation information about the Request, Response and Server in WebAPI Services
- Ella publish/subscribe middleware - Bernhard Dieber shares a look at the Ella distributed publish/subscribe middleware which runs on both .NET and Mono, giving an overview of its background and use
- Developing, Architecting and Testing Web Applications with MVC5, Web API 2, KnockoutJS, Ninject and NUnit - Mark J. Caplin walks through the construction and testing of an application which makes use of many of the latest versions of the Microsoft Web Stack in this CodeProject article.
- CloudBurst Day 1 - Alan Smith highlights the CloudBurst conference running yesterday and today in Sweden, with the second day streaming already under way.