- RavenDB 2.0 RTM – Ayende announces the release of RavenDB 2.0 a substantial new version created from 4,975 commits to source control by 68 different contributors, including lots of new features, performance and operational improvements and much more.
- New version of TraceEvent / PerfMonitor Posted to bcl.codeplex.com – Vance Morrison highlights the latest update to the ‘Trace Event Library’, released on CodePlex. This update takes the library behind PerfView to its latest internal version and provides Event Tracing for Windows, System.Diagnostics tracing functionality
- SpecsFor 3.0 Preview Available on NuGet – Matt Honeycutt announces the availability of the first preview of SpecsFor 3.0 now available via NuGet. This major new release cleans up the core of the project and includes the implementation of a new way of composing test context.
- Nullable micro-optimization, part four | Fabulous Adventures In Coding – Eric Lippert continues his series looking at the compiler optimisations in the C# compiler to help increase performance of conversions between nullable and non-nullable types, this time looking at conversions between nullable int and nullable double.
- How to keep your ASP.NET database connection strings secure when deploying to Azure from Source – Scott Hanselman discusses how Azure enables you to keep your connection strings private when working with source code deployed Azure applications
- Schemaless Data Structures – Martin Fowler shares a nice presentation on schema-less data structures looking at their differences from the traditional relational model, and how they are implemented in a number of scenarios.
- Esoteric Programming Languages – Zain Naboulsi takes a look at some of the world’s more exotic programming languages, giving a bit of background on them, links to further resources, and showing a hello world example in each
- 8 Most common mistakes C# developers make – Pawel Bejger shares a list of 8 common developer mistakes of a code / best practice variety – read it and don’t make them 🙂
- Web Developer Checklist – Mads Kristensen shares Web Developer Checklist, a good reference of all the things you should check when developing and releasing a website
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1268