Posted by Chris Alcock on 24 Dec 2012 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
As is traditional, The Morning Brew will be taking a break over the Christmas Public Holidays here in the UK, so the next edition will be on Thursday (27th). Have a great Christmas everyone.
- Updates to Windows Azure (Mobile, Web Sites, SQL Data Sync, ACS, Media, Store) – Scott Guthrie announces the latest raft of updates of Windows Azure, released Friday. The new features include additional regions, scheduling, and CLI support for Mobile Services, Improvements for Azure Websites, SQL Data Sync and ACS Management in the new portal, wider availability of the Windows Azure Store, and much more
- NUnit Test Adapter Update – Charlie Poole announces the release of the latest beta release (4) of the NUnit Test Adapter for Visual Studio, updating to include support for VS2012 Update 1
- Does ASP.NET Web API + OData filter at the database level? Let’s ask IntelliTrace – Jon Galloway explores two possibilities for answering a Tweeted question about where the filtering occurs when using ASP.NET Web API and OData, one looking at the code, the other making use of IntelliTrace.
- Understanding OData v3 and WCF Data Services 5.x – Mohamad Halabi takes a detailed look at the use of OData v3 and the WCF Data Services 5.x in this Code Project article which avoids the standard examples of exposing EF objects, and gives a good groundings in the key areas of querying and exposing data.
- Nancy and VB.Net: the login/logout thing & Nancy and VB.Net: Using easyhttp as our client – Christiaan Baes continues his exploration of the Nancy Web Framework using VB.NET as the language, continuing looking at authentication related topics before moving on to look at serving content other than HTML, before celebrating the 500th post on his blog with a ReSharper giveaway.
- Large collection of Free Microsoft eBooks for you, including: SharePoint, Visual Studio, Windows Phone, Windows 8, Office 365, Office 2010, SQL Server 2012, Azure, and more. (More than +80 eBooks) – Aseel AlOmran shares a post from Eric Ligman which details a collection of free eBooks from Microsoft Press – plenty of reading for over the Christmas Break
- Building a Simple Bottle to Extend FubuMVC – Jeremy Miller shares the process of building custom functionality to extend the core of FubuMVC, and how the ‘Bottles’ functionality allows you to split functional areas of your application
- Code rant: A Geek Christmas Quiz – Mike Hadlow shares his 2012 Geek Christmas Quiz, with questions across all the key ‘geek’ areas – a great way to wind down the work year with your collegues and friends.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1260
Posted by Chris Alcock on 21 Dec 2012 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1259
Posted by Chris Alcock on 20 Dec 2012 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- azure-cli 0.6.9 ships, pure joy – Glen Block gives a run down of the new features added to the latest release of the Windows Azure azure-cli package which brings management of Windows Azure to your command liner
- this.Log – Source, NuGet Package & Performance – After a positive response to his recent post on this.log, Rob Reynolds has extracted the code into a collection of different NuGet Packages containing implementations for different logging and Mocking Frameworks, and sample code packages too.
- NuGet package for creating and querying Table Storage entities in (reverse) chronological order – Sandrino Di Mattia shares a useful NuGet Package for working with Windows Azure Table Storage entities where you need to store and query chronologically ordered data
- Team Explorer Everywhere Update 1 – Brian Harry highlights the update 1 release of Team Explorer Everywhere, released along side the Visual Studio 2012 / TFS Update 1, which brings support for public workspaces, baseless merges in the UI and Chinese Language in the UI, as well as various smaller fixes and improvements
- jQuery Core 1.9 Upgrade Guide – The jQuery Team have a useful reference which covers the various changes to the jQuery Core in the 1.9 release, providing a guide for developers on what parts of their code may require updates following the removal of some depreciated functionality, and looking at the new features added in the, currently beta, release
- How To Write Maintainable jQuery Applications – Leland Richardson shares some thoughts on building maintainable applications using jQuery, illustrating with some examples in this CodeProject article.
- MVC Single Page Application Template Update for ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2 RC – Xinyang Qiu takes a look at another of the new features included in the ASP.NET Web Tools 2012.2 RC update, exploring the ASP.NET MVC Single Page Application template, discussing what has changed since the BUILD preview release, and looking at the key features.
- The Big List of Small Basic Programs – Greg Duncan highlights a page over on Technet which contains a collection of programs made using Small Basic – some really good stuff there, and all runnable from within the browser
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1258
« Previous Page — Next Page »