As is traditional, The Morning Brew will be taking a break over the Christmas Public Holidays here in the UK, so the next edition will be on Thursday (27th). Have a great Christmas everyone.
- Updates to Windows Azure (Mobile, Web Sites, SQL Data Sync, ACS, Media, Store) – Scott Guthrie announces the latest raft of updates of Windows Azure, released Friday. The new features include additional regions, scheduling, and CLI support for Mobile Services, Improvements for Azure Websites, SQL Data Sync and ACS Management in the new portal, wider availability of the Windows Azure Store, and much more
- NUnit Test Adapter Update – Charlie Poole announces the release of the latest beta release (4) of the NUnit Test Adapter for Visual Studio, updating to include support for VS2012 Update 1
- Does ASP.NET Web API + OData filter at the database level? Let’s ask IntelliTrace – Jon Galloway explores two possibilities for answering a Tweeted question about where the filtering occurs when using ASP.NET Web API and OData, one looking at the code, the other making use of IntelliTrace.
- Understanding OData v3 and WCF Data Services 5.x – Mohamad Halabi takes a detailed look at the use of OData v3 and the WCF Data Services 5.x in this Code Project article which avoids the standard examples of exposing EF objects, and gives a good groundings in the key areas of querying and exposing data.
- Nancy and VB.Net: the login/logout thing & Nancy and VB.Net: Using easyhttp as our client – Christiaan Baes continues his exploration of the Nancy Web Framework using VB.NET as the language, continuing looking at authentication related topics before moving on to look at serving content other than HTML, before celebrating the 500th post on his blog with a ReSharper giveaway.
- Large collection of Free Microsoft eBooks for you, including: SharePoint, Visual Studio, Windows Phone, Windows 8, Office 365, Office 2010, SQL Server 2012, Azure, and more. (More than +80 eBooks) – Aseel AlOmran shares a post from Eric Ligman which details a collection of free eBooks from Microsoft Press – plenty of reading for over the Christmas Break
- Building a Simple Bottle to Extend FubuMVC – Jeremy Miller shares the process of building custom functionality to extend the core of FubuMVC, and how the ‘Bottles’ functionality allows you to split functional areas of your application
- Code rant: A Geek Christmas Quiz – Mike Hadlow shares his 2012 Geek Christmas Quiz, with questions across all the key ‘geek’ areas – a great way to wind down the work year with your collegues and friends.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1260