- So long and thanks for the all the Expression… Expression Design & Web are End of Life'd (but now free) [oh, and the rest of the Expression Suite is dead too] - Greg Duncan highlights the news that the Expression Web Tooling has become ‘end of life’. There will be continued support until 2015, and the best bit is that the tools are now available for free download.
- C#/.NET Little Wonders: The Parallel.Invoke() Method - James Michael Hare picks up his Little Wonders series again with a look at the Parallel.Invoke method for an easy way of obtaining some asynchrony in your applications.
- Nullable micro-optimizations, part one - Eric Lippert kicks off another mini-series looking at the micro-optimisation of Nullable Types, digging into the key properties of the Nullable implementation.
- Messaging Semantics: Ownership - Jimmy Bogard resumes his series on Messaging Semantics, with a look at the role that message ownership should play in the meaning of your messages, commands and events
- SignalR: Building real time web applications - Gustavo Armenta Valdez continues the .NET Web Development and Tools Blog’s series of more detailed posts about the features that are in the 2012.2 update with a look at SignalR 1.0RC
- New Tutorial Series and Sample Application for ASP.NET MVC 4 with Windows Azure Tables, Blobs, and Queues - Tom Dykstra highlights a Windows Azure sample application and tutorial which illustrates working with ASP.NET MVC4 and ASP.NET Web API on Windows Azure working with Azure Table, blob and Queue Storage. The tutorial is in 5 parts and covers a good range of functionality.
- Why use NancyFX? - Jonathan Channon takes a look at the variety of reasons why you should consider using the NancyFX framework when you next need to use a web framework.
- Nancy and VB.Net: Forms authentication - Christiaan Baes also continues his exploration of the NancyFX using VB.NET with a look at implementing Forms Authentication in your Nancy based applications
- Windows Azure SQL Reporting - Great to see a dramatic price decrease for lower volume users - Greg Low highlights some update and reduced pricing for Windows Azure SQL Reporting which will be in place from 1st February 2013
- Making ASP.NET Web API Help Page work on self-hosted services - Yao continues discussion of the ASP.NET Web API Help Page functionality, discussing how you can get it operational when you self host your Web API Code in your own processes.