- RavenDB 2.0 Release Candidates – Ayende announces the release candidate build of RavenDB 2.0. The team are running this version in production on their own systems, and would like other users to try out the new version with real world workloads.
- The update Windows SDK and Windows App Certification Kit tool (now checks branding images) – Pete Brown highlights the release of the latest version of the Windows Software Development Kit last week, and takes a look at the improved Windows App Certification Kit, a tool for verifying that your applications meet the various requirements.
- dotCover 2.2 is here! – JetBrains announce the release of dotCover 2.2. This version includes ReSharpter 7.1 integration, some support for Windows Store Application Tests, along with a number of bugfixes and improvements.
- Why must async methods return Task? – Lucian Wischik discusses the requirement for async methods to return Tasks, discussing the early prototypes where other return values were allowed, and looking at why these didn’t work in general
- 31 Days of Windows 8 | Day #22: Using Play To – Jeff Blankenburg and Clark Sell continue their joint series looking at Windows 8 Application development in XAML/C# and HTML/JS respectively. The latest instalment looking at playing picture and videos on another device.
- F# as a Unit Testing Language – Phil Trelford discusses how he uses F# to write tests for btoh C# and F# code, citing the power and terse syntax as being great for writing tests. In this post Phil takes a look at the test and mocking framework support, and shows a couple of language features which make writing tests easier.
- Future Mocking – Mehfuz Hossain over at Telerik takes a look at using their JustMock mocking framework to implement mocks for types which are instantiated internally inside methods
- Design patterns in the test of time: Command, Redux – Ayende is still pressing on through his series of posts looking at the original ‘Gang of Four’ design patterns, looking back on what we have learnt about their use since their formalisation. In this post, Ayende continues the discussion of the Command Pattern
- Routing the ASP.NET Way – Dino Esposito gives an overview of the URL routing capabilities in ASP.NET, discussing its use, and configuration
- Links to Channel 9’s Video Archives of the Online Windows Azure Conf of 11/14/2012 – Roger Jennings shares a collection of links to the Channel9 recordings of last week’s Windows Azure Conf virtual conference. All the sessions are available as recordings and there is a lot of great content there.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1238