- jQuery 1.8.3 Released – The jQuery Team announce the release of jQuery 1.8.3, currently available from jquery, with updates expected to appear on the various CDN’s shortly. The release resolves a number of reported issues.
- Update on Windows Phone 8 support for Rx v2.0 – The Reactive Extensions team give an update on the support for Window Phone 8, explaining why they have removed the Windows Phone 8 binaries due to issues with the signing of the assemblies.
- Improve perceived performance of ASP.NET MVC websites with asynchronous partial views – Michael Kennedy discusses a technique for improving the perceived speed of an ASP.NET MVC powered website, looking at using partial views and fetching them using ajax to improve the initial page load experience.
- Customize the SimpleMembership in ASP.NET MVC 4.0 – Thang Chung takes a look at the new SimpleMembersip provider in ASP.NET MVC 4.0, showing how you can extend and customise it to your own needs.
- ASP.NET Web API and dependencies in request scope – Fillip W takes a look at controlling the life cycle of objects which need to be request scoped (such as units of work) in WebAPI services, exploring the use of Inversion of Control container to achieve this.
- Windows 8 Store Apps – Debugging Background Tasks – Mike Taulty highlights a some neat support in the debugger for working with WinRT based applications background tasks, allowing you to easily trigger them in your debugging session, and also taking a look at controlling the application in the debugger.
- Sending In-Application Toast Notifications in WinRT for C# – Derik Whittaker takes a look at hooking into the In-Application Toast Notifications in WinRT based applications
- 31 Days of Windows 8 | Day #15: The On-Screen Keyboard – Jeff Blankenburg and Clark Sell continue their series looking at Windows 8 development in both C#/XAML and HTML/JS, exploring the use of the onscreen keyboard
- Enable Automatic Code First Migrations On SQL Database in Azure Web Sites – Steve Michelotti takes a look at using the Entity Framework Code First Migrations for migrating databases for applications running on Azure Websites, walking through the process
- Sending e-mail from Windows Azure & A phone call from the cloud: Windows Azure, SignalR & Twilio – Maarten Balliauw explores two of the great additional services available on the Windows Azure platform, looking at sending email using SendGrid, and looking at working with telephony using Twilio