- Microsoft ASP.NET SignalR – David Fowler outlines the new package structure, Visual Studio integration, and new features and changes of SignalR as it marches towards its V1.0 RTM release
- New Visual Source Safe Upgrade Tool is Available! – Visual Studio ALM + Team Foundation Server Blog – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Charles Sterling highlights the availability of the Visual Source Safe Upgrade tool, which assists in the upgrading of Source Safe version control repositories to Team Foundation Server 2012/2010 and Team Foundation Service.
- SignalR and VB.Net, SignalR and VB.Net: Hubs and objects & Json.Net ‘s JObject to dynamic in VB.Net – Christiaan Baes takes a look at SgnalR from a Visual Basic perspective, exploring the use of Persistent Connections before moving on to the Hub API, and looking at working with Json.NET’s JObject type as though it were dynamic.
- .NET Garbage Collection – Richard Carr discusses the principles behind .NET Memory Management and the Garbage Collector, giving a good grounding in some of the key terminiology relating to Garbage collection.
- 31 Days of Windows 8 | Day #12: Background Tasks – Jeff Blankenburg presses on with this series of posts throughout November looking at Windows 8 Development. In the latest installment Jeff explores background tasks. Jeff’s series is looking at the C#/XAML approache, and also worthy of noting is the parallel series of posts from Clark Sell who is addressing the series from the HTML/JS side(31 Days of Windows 8 | Day #12: Background Tasks (HTML/JS) )
- How to manage unit tests in Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 : Part 1 – Using Traits in the Unit Test Explorer – Terje Sandstrom kicks off a series looking at the improvements to test organisation in Visual Studio 2012 Update 1
- Enterprise Library 6.0 – Vision/Scope – Grigori Melnik outlines the patterns and practices team’s plans for the next release of the Microsoft Enterprise Library, highlighting resources, and discussing the themes of the work they are considering undertaking.
- Building quality Windows 8 apps: Important pre-submission checks for your Windows Store apps – Pete Brown discusses some important factors to consider before submitting your application for review in the Windows 8 Store, to help you be more certain of acceptance.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1230