Windows Phone 8
- Meet Windows Phone 8 - The Windows Phone team introduce their latest version of the Windows Phone platform, giving a taste of some of the phones, features and applications coming on the new version of the platform
- Announcing the release of the .NET Framework for Windows Phone 8 - Pracheeti Nagarkar introduces the .NET CLR for Windows phone, which brings the core CLR to the Windows Phone 8 platform, increasing flexibility and performance available, as well as bringing advanced language and framework features to the Windows Phone platform.
- Introducing Windows Phone SDK 8.0 - The Visual Studio and Windows Phone Teams announce the release of the Windows Phone 8 SDK, which comprises of an Express Edition of Visual Studio 2012 dedicated to WP8 development, the emulators, Expression Blend for Windows Phone, Team Explorer and XNA Game Studio
- Building Apps for Windows Phone 8 - Somasegar reflects on the new Windows Phone 8 platform and the development tooling available as a part of the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK.
- Windows Phone Developer registration costs $8 - Wriju highlights a limited time offer which will allow you to register for a Windows Phone Developer account for just $8. The offer lasts for just 8 days, and is provided by way of a refund (so you still initially pay the full registration fee).
- Windows Phone SDK 8.0 now available for download - Aaron Stebner shares a collection of links to the various downloads for the Windows Phone 8 SDK, along with highlighting release notes and discussing the installation process.
- Windows Phone Toolkit - Dr. Z highlights the latest release of the Windows Phone Toolkit, a community collection of components to help Windows Phone Developers get the maximum productivity in their projects. This release updates the libraries for maximum compatibility with the WP7.1 and WP8 platforms.
- Bootstrap 2.2.0 released - The BootStrap team announce the release of Bootstrap 2.2.0. This release was previously scheduled to be released as 2.1.2, however the scope of the changes made them reconsider and make it a more significant release.
- OData Client Tools for Windows Phone Apps Now Available - The WCF Data Services Team announce the release of the OData Client Tools for Windows Phone 8, released separately from the Windows Phone SDK this separate download gives you an easy client experience for working with OData based services in your WP8 applications.
- Synchronizing webpages across devices with SignalR - Eric Hexter takes a look at building a UI for multiple devices which can be loaded on each device and have its state synchronised with changes from one being passed to the others using the SignalR Library.
- //build/ today with open source frameworks on Windows Phone 8 - Olivier Bloch highlights some of the Open Source projects featured at //build which are available for use and support the Windows Phone 8 platform.
- Single Key Multiple Values Data Structure for one to many mapping - Saurabh Nijhawan highlights one of the less well known data structures available in the .NET Framework, looking at the Lookup collection.
- Visual Studio Little Wonders: Box Selection - James Michael Hare deviates from his usual Little Wonders series to take a look at some less well known features of Visual Studio