- Just another Software Engineer: Announcing T.REST - a testing framework for REST ressources - Kristian Erbou announces the release of his first Open Source project, T.REST, a testing framework for testing rest based services in a regression testing way. The project is hosted on CodePlex and licensed under a MIT license.
- NP .NET Profiler - slow performance, memory issues, and first chance exceptions in .NET process troubleshooting tool - Greg Duncan highlights an updated release of the NP .NET profiler from Microsoft, providing improved tooling for diagnosing memory and performance related issues in .NET based applications from the cloud to smart client,
- Pre-order your Surface today - David Musgrave highlights the opening of the pre-ordering for WinRT Surface tablets, along with the releasing of the specifications for the Surface Pro devices as well. Prices stack up pretty well against the iPad and the upper class of Andriod Tablet, and pre-order is available here in the UK too.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services: New support for iOS apps, Facebook/Twitter/Google identity, Emails, SMS, Blobs, Service Bus and more - Scott Guthrie discusses the update to the Windows Azure Mobile Services released yesterday, including support for iOS based devices, Improved authentication using Facebook, Twitter and Google, Email and SMS sending, and support for the various storage services all through the Mobile Services API.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services - Now We Are Getting Somewhere - Glenn Gailey also reflects on the recent improvements in AzureMobile Services, with a look at the iOS Support and Identify Provider support, along with highlighting some further resources on both topics.
- Send text messages (SMS) from Web API using Azure Mobile Services - Filip W. is always happy when there is something new to point WebAPI at, and in this post takes a look at consuming the Windows Azure Mobile Services to send SMS messages from within his own applications
- Greenfield Development with ASP.NET MVC & S#arp Lite - Day 3 - Billy McCafferty continues his series looking at starting fresh with an application development project using his S#arp Lite framework with ASP.NET MVC. In this 3rd part he looks further at defining the Domain Model, discussing principle to apply to the domain model, and techniques to help discover and learn about what you need to build.
- Tell Visual Studio 2012 UI Designers What to Fix - Ken Cox highlights the Visual Studio 2012 Visual Theme survey, your chance to feedback about what you like and dislike about the Visual Studio 2012 User Interface experience.
- NuGet or Not for Telerik? - Chris Eargle discusses the benefits of using NuGet, and talks about the investigation that the folks at Telerik have done into whether they can use NuGet as a distribution mechanism for their products.
- Developing extension packages for Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010/2012 using C# with real-life samples (1/6) - Paul Eremeev kicks off what looks like being an interesting series looking at the way you can develop extensions for Visual Studio, covering a range of versions, dating back as far as 2005
- NxtGenUG - Event - Windows 8 Discussion - The NxtGenUG in Coventry will be hosting a Windiows 8 discussion event on Monday 22nd October, as a precursor to the official release on 26th October. Expect discussion of Windows 8, tablets, Windows Phone 8 and related topics.