- Mono 2.11.4 is out - Miguel de Icaza highlights the release of Mono 2.11.4, which brings with it the Google Summer of Cpode Contributions for Code Contracts, and Task Parallel DataFlow, fixes and updates for networking and web services components and much more.
- Shared Source CLI 2.0 book - Arvindsh highlights the availability of the Shared Source CLI 2.0 Internals as a free e-book. The second edition never got published as a physical book, so the authors Joel Pobar and Ted Neward have made it available as a PDF.
- Welcome to TypeScript - The TypeScript Language has an offical site, and this is it. This site does a nice job of giving the key information about the language and its uses, as well as highlighting that it is an open source project, which is cross platform. TypeScript is still causing quite a buzz in the community, here are some more of peoples initial impressions:
- Introducing TypeScript - Rob Eisenberg
- Why does TypeScript have to be the answer to anything? - Scott Hanselman
- TypeScript (or the obligatory post about it) - Shawn Wildermuth
- TypeScript project in Visual Studio 2012 - Linvi
- Microsoft TypeScript : A quick introduction and A Love Affair Begins here. - Anoop Madhusudanan
- Hello TypeScript - Getting Started - Sumit Maitra
- How do we ensure that method type inference terminates? - Eric Lippert discusses how the C# compiler avoids going into infinite loops when performing type inference, taking a look at how the algorithm works, and avoids going on for ever.
- Build Your Own Membership System For ASP.NET MVC - Part II - K. Scott Allen continues this series looking at the implementation of Membership in ASP.NET MVC applications, taking a look at an implementation which does not use the Membership provider, looking at how it is difficult to build a generic membership solution.
- Beware mixing List.Sort() and Thread.Abort() - Patrick Smacchia discusses an interesting effect of using Thread.Abort() when sorting lists, and how it can result in an unexpected exception being thrown.
- Mocking jQuery AJAX with AmplifyJS Request - Elijah Manor takes a look at AmplifyJS’s capabilities for mocking AJAX requests thanks to its separation of Request and Request Component, showing how you can use this to help test your code.
- Free book from Microsoft - Introduction-to-Visual-Studio-Technologies.pdf - Tatworth highlights a free e-book from Microsoft looking at all aspects of Visual Studio 2012, ranging from ‘Metro’ development through to ALM.