- Announcing Web Matrix 2 - Jonathan Guerin highlights the release of WebMatrix 2.0, the latest version of this lightweight IDE for building websites. In his post Jonathan takes us through using WebMatrix to build a PHP based application and publish it on Azure.
- Web Essentials 1.1 released - Mads Kristensen announces the release of version 1.1 his Web Essentials Visual Studio Extension. This release adds a number of much requested features to this extension which extends and improves the Visual Studio support for client side web development.
- dotCover 2.1 Release Candidate - JetBrains announce the Release Candidate release of dotCover 2.1, and reminds those trying it out that the team are still very interested in heading feedback about any issues or bugs you may encounter.
- Introducing ASP.NET FriendlyUrls - cleaner URLs, easier Routing, and Mobile Views for ASP.NET Web Forms - Scott Hanselman discusses a new preview package created by Damian Edwards and Pranav Rastogi, now available on NuGet which makes ie ever easier to obtain nice Friendly Urls as an ASP.NET WebForms developer, walking through its use in creating mobile pages also.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services Preview Walkthrough - Part 1: Windows 8 ToDo Demo Application (C#) & Part 2: Authenticating Windows 8 App Users (C#) - Roger Jennings shares a detailed look at the use of the new Windows Azure Mobile Services Preview, walking through their use in a Windows 8 Application, discussing how they provide authentication and data storage capabilities.
- Using C# and VistaDB on the Raspberry Pi - Gary Short of Gibraltar Software follows on from his DDD10 talk on Raspberry Pi with a look at how you can get up and running with Vista DB in your applications on the Raspberry Pi, showing how to get .NET code up and running on Linux via Mono on the Pi.
- Are you reporting Visual Studio 2012 issues to Microsoft correctly? - Tarun Arora discusses the details of how to give a good issue report to Microsoft for any issues you encounter in Visual Studio 2012
- Single Page Apps - Part 10 - Saving, Change Tracking, Commanding, and Validation - John Papa continues his series of posts looking at building Single Page Web Applications with a look at the saving of data , including a look at identifying the data that has changed, wiring up the saving action and ensuring that data is valid before saving.
- Diagnosing ADO.NET with ETW traces - Sebastian Solnica takes a look at using Event Tracing For Windows to help debug a misbehaving ADO.NET application in this worked example CodeProject article.
- CQRS is not an Architecture - Greg Young reminds us all that CQRS and Event Sourcing are actually just architectural patterns rather than a full Architecture (or an architectural style for that matter), giving some useful definitions for those terms and how they combine.
- 24 Hours of PASS coming up soon! - Rob Farley highlights the upcoming 24 hours of PASS taking place over the 20th and 21st September where there will be 24 hours of good quality SQL Server content available online.
- RavenDB & RPG With Me: Recording - Ayende shares the recording of the recent RavenDB webcast looking at the role RavenDB played in the creation of the RPG With Me application.