I’m attending and presenting at DeveloperDeveloperDeveloper 10 in Reading this weekend – if you see me there please come and say hello!
- Get Windows 8 Metro Elements for as little as $1 … crazy, but true! – The Team over at Mindscape are trying out an interesting pricing model for their latest controls library, allowing people to purchase it for a really low price, but with every purchase increasing the price by $1. The current asking price is $75, and the RRP is $799, so its quite a deal at the moment.
- Getting Symbols and Source with ASP.NET Nightly NuGet Packages – Henrik F Nielsen shows how easily you can get the symbols and source debugging assistance for the ASP.NET Nightly Build NuGet release, walking through the steps to get your IDE set up
- Supporting arbitrary types in Azure Mobile Services managed client – simple types – Carlos Figueira discusses how the Azure Mobile Services allow you to add support for your own more complex data types, showing how support for TimeSpans can be implemented as an example.
- Add cloud to your app with Windows Azure Mobile Services – Kirill Gavrylyuk walks through the setup and simple use of Windows Azure Mobile Services to extend your Windows Store Applications into the cloud quickly and easily
- NuGet Perf, Part III – Displaying the Packages page – Ayende continues his series looking at how migrating the NuGet database backend to a document database like RavenDB can make the querying easier and the performance better
- Evolutionary Project Structure – Jimmy Bogard discusses how he is moving away from layering applications using lots of projects, and complex dependency relationships, focusing on good working code and worrying less about the ‘architectural structure’
- Using JSON.NET for dynamic JSON parsing – Rick Strahl discusses how with the release of ASP.NET Web API the JSON.NET library has become the top JSON library for .NET, and takes a look at its use parsing JSON both statically and dynamically.
- Single Page Application with Backbone.js and ASP.NET Web API – Hongye Sun takes a look at building Single Page Applications using ASP.NET Web API server side and Backbone.js on the client, illustrating key points with a simple ToDo application sample.
- WP to W8: API Mapping – Jared Bienz shares a useful article mapping the various common API themes in Windows Phone and Windows 8 together, providing a jump start on one platform to anyone familiar with the other.
- Keep Public Interfaces away from Children – Anders Abel discusses segregating class interfaces between those presented to users (public) and that available for sub-classes, highlighting areas where these two merge as being an area for concern
- Remember the Atari 2600? Brace yourself because it’s marrying HTML5! – Paul Laberge highlights a partnership between Microsoft, Atari and Grant Skinner which is brings classic Atari games to to HTML5, and making available various useful tutorials, resources and code which we can benefit from along the way
- Hidden Complexity – Mark Rendle discusses the topic for his latest talk which will be getting its first outing at Skills Matter in London next Monday