Update: Corrected description of link regarding Enterprise Library - Thanks to @anders_abel for letting me know via Twitter
- Download: Windows Azure Training Kit - The August edition of the Windows Azure Training Key is now available fo download, with new content from the Windows Azure DevCamp Events, SQL Azure Federations, Reporting and Data Sync, more guidance on building scalable global and highly available web applications, and bugfixes to hands on labs.
- MyGet Build Services - Join the private beta! - Maarten Balliauw sharse the news that MyGet are now taking applicants for their private beta allowing you to try out having your GitHub projects pulled out, built and published as a NuGet Package. Places on the beta are limited.
- SignalR 0.5.3 - Last Night SignalR 0.5.3 was released to NuGet, with a vast array of fixes and improvements as detailed in these release notes, including Web Socket support for Self Hosted Services, Improved Errors, and case insensitivity for proxy and event names,
- The best extensions for Visual Studio 2012 - Ugo Lattanzi shares a look at some of the best and must have Visual Studio 2012 extensions available now.
- NuGet Gallery Performance Issues - Mads Kristensen gives an update on the recent performance issues with the NuGet service, with a deployment having taken place in the last few hours to address the issues (the deployment of which did result in a short outage this morning).
- Enterprise Library vNext - Simplified - Grigori Melnik discusses the plans for the future of Enterprise Library
FrameworkvNext, a cut down simplified version which will target just Windows8 / 2012 and .NET 4.5 and take advantage of the new features available in these platforms.
- Busting some CQRS myths - Jimmy Bogard discusses 7 common myths surrounding the practice of CQRS which often lead people to go down the wrong route when implementing CQRS
- Extra Information from OAuth/OpenId Provider - Pranav Rastogi discusses some of the additional information available to your applications via the OAuth/ OpenID provider for ASP.NET, made available via features in the OpenAuth protocol, and allowing your application to automatically know more about your users.
- Build Single Page Apps - Part 7 - MVVM and KnockoutJS - John Papa continues his series looking at building single page applications. In this part John explore the use of KnockoutJS a client side MVVM framework.
- 15 things we learned about interface design as developers - Milan Vrekic shares 15 important User Interface design concepts which you should always keep in mind when developing your applications.
- Hooray! Here’s all 316 pages of the Windows 8 UX Guidelines in one cool PDF - Jerry Nixon highlights the 300+ page Windows 8 User Experience Guidelines document, telling you everything you need to know about creating a standardized User Experience for your Windows 8 Applications.
- The Unofficial Windows 8 Developer FAQ - Scott Barnes shares an interesting look behind the scenes at some of the background to the Windows 8 Development experience, and the fall of Silverlight at Microsoft. Interesting reading.