- Troy Hunt: Lessons in website security anti-patterns by Tesco - Troy Hunt discusses a number of security anti-patterns occurring on one fo the largest UK Supermarket Chains website, discussing the security considerations of password storage and looking at a number of other security factors which should be reviewed - useful pointers for everyone.
- Transactions in Windows Azure (with Service Bus) - An Email Discussion - Clemens Vasters shares the highlights of a recent email discussion he had with a technical account manager about transactions in Windows Azure, discussing the service bus and its duplicate detection implementation.
- Fault-tolerance in Windows Azure SQL Database - Tony Petrossian discusses the concepts of fault tolerance in SQL Databases, and looks at how Windows Azure SQL databases provide fault tolerance through replication and failure detection and failover.
- IE for the XBox 360, a Dev’s Guide (13 pages) - Greg Duncan highlights a short paper on the features and capabilities of Internet Explorer for XBox, highlighting the differences between this edition and the other IE editions about.
- Using SignalR in MonoTouch and Mono for Android Apps - Greg Shackles discusses getting up and running with SignalR on Android and iOS using Mono and MonoTouch, looking at building the client and consuming it in code.
- Top 10 Raspberry Pi Myths and Truths - Scott Hanselman gives a nice introduction to the Raspberry Pi platform, discussing some of the can’s and cannot’s, and discusses some of the things it is ideal for.
- Using AutoMapper to build base class for mappers between domain classes and models - Gunnar Peipman takes a look at the use of Automapper to deal with the mapping between domain classes and models use on the UI, looking at how a base class with generics can help provide powerful capabilities.