- CQRS Journey guidance project released - Grigori Melnik announces the release of the guidance package for the CQRS Journey project, where a team have developed a real world application using CQRS techniques and moved it through three psuedo releases to look at hos CQRS and Event Sourcing can be made to support multiple iterative releases.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2 is available - Aaron Bertrand highlights the release of Service Pack 2 for SQL Server 2008 R2, a release which rolls up all the fixes in SP1 and Cumulative Updates 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- The Results of my Essential Tools, Libs and Frameworks for Front-End Development Survey - Rey Bango shares the results from his survey of the front end web frameworks and supporting utilities being used, revealing the spectrum of tools being used, highlighting jQuery as the clear ‘winner’ with some more recent additions appearing in the top 10.
- ORM techniques for legacy databases - Jimmy Bogard discusses one of the key reasons most often cited by people who ‘rolled their own’ Object Relational Mapper - support for legacy databases, discussing features of ORMs and techniques you can use to tame legacy databases to work with your ORM.
- Windows Azure and Office 365 - Scott Guthrie discusses how the Office 365 and Sharepoint’s recent beta releases fit in with Azure, highlighting how you can now extend both using azure hosted applications
- My Git, Mercurial and Powershell setup - Scott Koon discusses how he sets up his environment to make working with Git and Mercurial from the command line easier and better
- Reading UTF-8 Characters From An Infinite Byte Stream - Mike Hadlow shares some lessons learnt while working to read the Twitter streaming API which involves an open stream of data coming directly from Twitter, discussing the reading and decoding of characters from the stream.
- Update from the Windows 8 Camps - Martin Beeby shares some answers to common questions raised at the Windows 8 camp events covering a variety of different specifics of Metro application development.
- NxtGenUG - Event: No More Passwords, OAuth in Action - Jimmy Skowronski takes a trip to Oxfordshire on Tuesday 7th August where he will be presenting his session looking at the modern face of authentication at the Oxfordshire NxtGenUG.
- NxtGenUG - Event: Entity Framework - Geff Lombardi visits the Coventry NxtGenUG on Wednesday August 8th where he will be giving a tour of the new and exciting features included in Entity Framework 5.